• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Studebaker Weasel=Restoration Complete

FrankUSMC

"IF" later in life you want to make her a Marine weasel, I have a photo from a friend of a weasel being used by the Marines in the Korean war. The fun part is when some one walks up and says the Marines never had weasels, you show them the photo. In the photo the weasel is Marine marked.
Great vehicle......and fun to!
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

Marines42

"IF" later in life you want to make her a Marine weasel, I have a photo from a friend of a weasel being used by the Marines in the Korean war. The fun part is when some one walks up and says the Marines never had weasels, you show them the photo. In the photo the weasel is Marine marked.
Great vehicle......and fun to!
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

If you would share that photo, I would appreciate it. If you notice, I had her painted in the Marine Semi-Gloss. I just couldn't find any pics of them in USMC service but then in Supply Line a few months ago, they had pics of them in use by the Marines on Okinawa. I had already had the invasion stars painted on by that time but I could easily cover them and go with a different theme. Ideally, being a former Marine, I would like to have it dressed in USMC livery.

dc3coyote

Your just east of me, next time your in VBC give me a shout, I know you will have to pass through here when you go to BIAP.
can you keep an eye out for a Russian Jeep in a junkyard. I am trying to find a UAZ clutch master cylinder. Any help would be greatley appreciated.
My NIPR number is 847 2258, and just ask for PO Rountree
Thanks, you know this means its time to plan a SS rally in Baghdad.

Marines42

Your just east of me, next time your in VBC give me a shout, I know you will have to pass through here when you go to BIAP.
can you keep an eye out for a Russian Jeep in a junkyard. I am trying to find a UAZ clutch master cylinder. Any help would be greatley appreciated.
My NIPR number is 847 2258, and just ask for PO Rountree
Thanks, you know this means its time to plan a SS rally in Baghdad.

Wish I knew that back in 2007! I was in Afghanistan and UAZ's are everywhere just sitting in droves in parking areas unused. I used to go and peruse through them. The were being replaced by more modern trucks. If you know someone in Astan, ask them.

davidkroberts

I was just in Astan a few weeks back and the afgans have pretty much hacked up/stolen/claimed everything that wasnt nailed down. The british company that imports tanks has a few i believe.

Marines42 whats your callsign in the camp i was on wpps from 05-late 08 we might know each other. I remember jim parker saying someone on one of the other Raven QRF teams was a collector. Said he had a Saxon i think.

Anyway i went by Red at the time and in 08 i was on team 17, really sucks about Pedro we knew each other for years.

Marines42

I was just in Astan a few weeks back and the afgans have pretty much hacked up/stolen/claimed everything that wasnt nailed down. The british company that imports tanks has a few i believe.

Marines42 whats your callsign in the camp i was on wpps from 05-late 08 we might know each other. I remember jim parker saying someone on one of the other Raven QRF teams was a collector. Said he had a Saxon i think.

Anyway i went by Red at the time and in 08 i was on team 17, really sucks about Pedro we knew each other for years.

No kidding. I don't really have a nickname bro. I was on APD Bravo in mid-late 08 and then went to Raven 23 for about a year and a half. Ironically, when I left there, we stood up Raven 17 again but later got folded into Raven 25 and now I am on CAT. Pedro was a good dude man. They say the shrapnel in his head from that IED back in 05' is probably what made him have the hemmorage. Bad times. In regards to the Afghans hacking things up, it depends on where you look. The Provincial Police Headquarters in Jalalabad had about 30-40 UAZ's sitting out there in their yard and nobody had touched them.

L999here

...nice Weasel...

Believe all of the Weasel's were made by Studebaker...right here in South Bend,IN. There are several in this area and I've been 'lusting' after one for 40 yrs. Nice work and hope you get to enjoy it often.....

davidkroberts

I was in Jbad this last winter/spring but never made it to the police headquarters. I was on Raven 22 when i was on TST. I was on CAT for a few months really enjoyed it. Would have stayed in Baghdad but didnt like where things were headed with integrating the iraqis and opening up the green zone. They smell too bad and are too crooked for me to trust them in the mancamp.

Your Weasel looks great, what tracks did you use. I have headed of people rebuilding them with number 13 machine chain instead of the belt. Supposed to last forever that way.

I emailed Tara a little while back shes taking it hard but getting through it. Im not sure if shes going back to iraq or not.

Marines42

I was in Jbad this last winter/spring but never made it to the police headquarters. I was on Raven 22 when i was on TST. I was on CAT for a few months really enjoyed it. Would have stayed in Baghdad but didnt like where things were headed with integrating the iraqis and opening up the green zone. They smell too bad and are too crooked for me to trust them in the mancamp.

Your Weasel looks great, what tracks did you use. I have headed of people rebuilding them with number 13 machine chain instead of the belt. Supposed to last forever that way.

I emailed Tara a little while back shes taking it hard but getting through it. Im not sure if shes going back to iraq or not.

Ah bro, you need not have worried about the Iraqis or "opening" of the Green Zone. The only Iraqis around are a few workers and you don't even notice them. As far as the IZ, things are pretty much the same as you probably remember them. It doesn't really affect us in our daily lives very much. I bought the Liberty Tracks that Liberty Auto makes in house. Cost a ton but should last longer than I will.

Yeah, Pedro came as quite a shock to everyone. They had a very nice memorial service for him here at the camp.