• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My working deuce

rwelker

I read the forums every day but seldom have much to say. Here's three pictures of my "working deuce". It's a 1971 AM General M35A2 which is a desest storm vet. It was in horrible shape when I got it for the hauling. No doors, rusted cab, head gasket blown, wrecked bumper, rusted bed. A winter project 3 years ago and I've been using it since to haul stone, move my backhoe, and haul coal. I've replaced a fender, replaced the cab, built the hardtop, framed the doors, modified a civvy dump, made a snowplow mount (9 foot Western). It has a new heater, upgraded to a LDS4651A this summer. Many say you can't keep a LDS engine cool in a deuce but I have trouble getting this one to 180 degrees with a new radiator even in the summer hauling stone. I singled it out when I did it 3 years ago and just 3 weeks ago modified a set of wheels and installed 14.5R20 XLs and a set of M36A2 rear springs. I've been collecting parts for a "100% stock" M35A2 which will be built from the frame up with all new/rebuilt components. It will be the parade piece. More pics to come but it was too cold today to mess around more. (10 degrees).