• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mystery Steer axle

waayfast

Afew weeks ago we ended up taking delivery on our latest project--a 1942 G-506 11/2 ton chevy(actually drove it home).It came with a few extra parts--2 drop-ins ,a steer axle shaft,a complete steer axle and other goodies that belong with the Chevy. BUT amongst those was another steer axle that dang sure don't belong to a G-506! Doesnt look like whats under my M-35 gasser, dont look like what belongs under a GMC 211/135 near as I can compare pics of those on here with.Has 6 lugs and is heavy!!It's OD green!!! Any body recognize this!!??

Attachments

waayfast

Mystery steer axle

Thanks for the input-- this G506 according to the serial numbers was a no winch model BUT has a "custom" winch installed that another member here thought may be the same type used on half tracks(Tulsa--and looking over pics of halftracks I'd guess that it is).Is it possible this steer axle is the type that goes on an IH halftrack???I ask because this G506 is a long time local truck---and years ago around here I remember there was a halftrack parked in the weeds.

Attachments