• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need cost estimates for 1028 and 715...

gunboy1656

Hi everyone,

I had a friend tell me he knew of a place where there was a deuce for sale, so I pack up the family and go for a drive. But to my surprise when i get there I dont see a deuce but a n M1028 and an M715.

I was never really a fan of the 715 but this starting growing on me.

So my question is what do the vehicles normally sell for? what would you spend to buy these? They are not up for auction, they are just sitting at a repair shop.

the ambulance looks in good shape, drivers door would not open, and the passenger door was locked. (drivers side was unlocked).

the 715 looks decent, has some cancer eating through the fenders. floor looks like it needs stripped and painted. Anything else i had not seen?

thanks for your help.

Scott

PS before i get it heres some pics

Attachments

MilitaryRestoration

I'd say buy them both! Honestly, they are both great looking trucks, very easily restorable and easy fixes on them.... Then again I guess just depends on how much they are asking and what the pocket book says... But great trucks! where are they exactly ;-)

KsM715

That M715 w/w and a tailgate wont last long if he wants anything close to 2 grand. They have been going for anywhere from $1800 to over $3000 lately on GSA and thats usually without winch and no tailgates. If I lived anywhere close to PA Id be taking off work tomorrow and going for a search.:twisted:

AJMBLAZER

That's an ambulance so it's a M1010. Not quite as desirable since most of the posts you ever see about them are guys trying to fix the electrical system.

ChalkOutline

Well, there is always debate over what something is worth. The final answer is whatever someone can get for it. I have an M715, I rushed into buying one and paid too much. There are MANY coming out of the woodwork lately. Prices range from $500-$11,000 and up. Those prices are the "asking" price. As a buyer what are you willing to spend, what do you plan to use it for, how much fixing can/WILL you do? These are just some of the questions you need to answer honestly to yourself before you make an offer on one that fits your criteria. The one you are looking at I would ballpark $1500-$2500. I suspect that with the fenders rusted out there is alot more cancer lurking in the floorboards, bed, windshield frame, and so on. Also how well does the Tornado 230 run, rebuilding it is steep, most repower with 350's or something else. The NP200 are usually replaced too if you plan to drive much or over 45mph for more than 30 min at a time. But it all depends on what you plan on using it for. As KsM715 said, the winch and tailgate are probably worth $1500 if they are in decent shape. But the truck is probably worth as much or more as parts. I love my 715, but had I waited and looked around, I would have spent about $5k on a fully roadworthy re-powered with an NP205, different axles or at least regeared with little to no rust. So that's my 2 cents, take it for what you will.
Can't help on the 1028.
good luck,
Jeff

gunboy1656

Thanks guys for your input.

Chalk you gave me what i was looking for , sort of a what price would you spend if you were in my shoes kind of thing. as i stated I have no idea what the range of these things go. from what i saw the only spots the rust went through was on the fenders, windshields looked good, floorboards did not look all that great but no spots i can see the ground. even the canves cab looked on good shape. Even come with that old canvas smell...haha

I am kinda hoping this guy really dont know what he has and will sell it for a song. I doubt it but you never know, these are the only 2 trucks i have ever seen there....fingers crossed

AJMBLAZER - thanks for correcting me, was typing while talking and the number 28 got mentioned, and for some reason i typed it. I am curious to hear about the electrical problems.

I know the 715 was titled, but unsure about the 1010. there was an old plate on the 715. (you can tell its been out of date for a while). the 1010 only has a yellow number 7445. on the front right on the hood.

Scott

KsM715

If you end up with the M715 and decide to part it out I need a tailgate. But that truck looks to good to cut up.

AJMBLAZER

The M1010's have a unique electrical system that proved problematic. Just do a search on here for M1010 and you'll probably find over a dozen threads about folks dinking with theirs trying to make it work. Folks were saying even the military never quite got a perfect solution.

gunboy1656

well I got bad news today, the vehicles are not up for sale after all. but I appreciate all the help that you guys have given me. guess i still have to keep working on my M220.