• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Info If Poss

mynewtoy

Is there anybody who might know the part numbers for the "REAR" sway bar links for my 1985 1028 dually and where I can buy them. I called two Auto Part stores and both said there's no listing for rear sway bar links.
Thanks In Advance For Any Help,
Greg

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took the old ones to NAPA, they took it from there. Whatever they sold me worked fine. Part # on receipt is 265-1277, hope this helps.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you download the free tech manuals, the GM part numbers will be listed in the parts manuals.

JATONKAM35s HOME ON THE WEB

You need the TM 9-2320-289-20P and TM 9-2320-289-34P

I'm on my phone so I can't look it up.

Look up the number and then google it. www.rockauto.com is a good place to possibly find it.

Last edited:

mynewtoy

Thanks!!!!

Thanks for the info I'll call NAPA today. Does anybody know what a 1985 1028 dually with 16???? original miles is worth I bought it from GL and later went on to buy an even lower mileage[5364 miles] 1028 from a private owner so now I want to sell my first one. Doors and fenders are rusty rest of body is good I have rust free doors and fenders that go with it. So what do you think it's worth?
Thanks Again,
Greg

mynewtoy

I will take some pictures if you can explain how to load them.There is a picture of my second truck on this site, the guy I bought it from is advertising another low mileage truck in the classified section the picture in the add is my truck. I want to take some pictures of the rear bumper area of this truck because it has some kind of a bumper extension with a huge receiver [nut] mounted to it , the previous owner said he bought these trucks from a base in Maryland and that it was a cab and chassis he took off the outer dually wheels and put a regular pick-up body on it. I would like to know if any body knows what it was used for I asked CARNAC but he couldn't tell me.It also has a rear sway-bar which I think is rare [yes or no?]
Thanks Greg

mynewtoy

If Harold Camping was right I would have considered your offer but seeing how I'm seeing less and less of these duallys & it doesn't look like the world is going to end anytime soon, I think I'll hang in for a better offer.

WARWAG

Thanks for the info I'll call NAPA today. Does anybody know what a 1985 1028 dually with 16???? original miles is worth I bought it from GL and later went on to buy an even lower mileage[5364 miles] 1028 from a private owner so now I want to sell my first one. Doors and fenders are rusty rest of body is good I have rust free doors and fenders that go with it. So what do you think it's worth?
Thanks Again,
Greg

There not worth much at all.:roll: They are a pain to try and sell and most people just pay to have them towed off to the junk yard in the end anyway. I would gladly come:driver: and take it off your hands along with the SF97 signed over to me for no cost. Just to save you the hassel mind you.:mrgreen:

I happen to have a weakness for the Dually M1028 and would pay up to 5K for a decent running one with good tires all around and LOW miles. 5K would have to be for an exceptional one with fresh paint ect. So I would guess a max price of 5K with an absolute low of about 3K. Post some pics.

mynewtoy

Thanks WARWAG I was starting to think you were serious and I couldn't understand why I love my like new [older] dually I paid 7200.00 for the truck with 53?? miles on it but considering it's going to last me the rest of my life I justified the price.Last summer I went on vacation with my family to North Carolina and stopped on the way home in Maryland picked up the truck and drove it 6.5HRS home going about 59 MPH [I didn't want to push it any harder] and it didn't skip a beat and actually it wasn't that bad on fuel.WARWAG how do I post pics. I'm not that good with a computer.I going to ask 4500.00 it has4 brand new rear tires and 2 really good front tires. I changed the oil in the motor, transmission,and back rear I also put the transfer case from my low mileage baby in this truck because I needed the NP205 in the truck I'm keeping they both had the NP208 So I bought a transfer case off ebay and put the lower mileage transfer case in the truck I'm selling.It also has 2 new batteries and it comes with the rust free fenders and doors. They were damaged by the fork lift and are a little rusty.
Thanks

Last edited:

WARWAG

To post pics click the MANAGE ATTACHMENTS box below where you will type in the info. From there it you will beable to select which ever photos you have. Click CHOOSE FILE. That will let you select individual photos you have stored on your computer. From there just click the UPLOAD button and whalla. You have pics posted!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks