• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Oil Filter Gasket Part Numbers for NHC-250

bevanet

I didn't want to start a thread for this, but I really searched pretty hard and couldn't find this info. I am about to change oil on an M813 with the NHC-250 engine. I have the filter and oil, but I haven't been able to find the gaskets that go on the filter housing. If anyone knows which stores carry these and what the part numbers are I'm sure it would be helpful to many. I agree that a spin on fliter is a better solution, but the truck gets very little use. I hate to spend extra $$ for a spin on when it won't save very much time over the next several years. Information on multiple stores would be helpful since we live in various states. Thanks!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you try google searching the NSNs?

bevanet

I ordered these from Checker / O'reilly. They are a wix 15271. I hope to try them out in a few weeks. I'll post if they work or not.

bevanet

I got the oil change this weekend. The wix 15271 fit perfectly. I didn't replace the washer on the end of the canister bolt, but it isn't leaking. I did this late in the evening, so it was getting dark out. After I loosened the canister and let the oil drain over the front diff, I noticed that the canister has a plug that must be used to drain the oil before taking it off. I'll try that on my other truck to make a little less mess hopfully.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have used the same rubber over at least once with no leakage. The way the canaster and rubber work together with a slight beval just clean the rubber and can well.