• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

neighbor problems

Power_Lord_442

I have a problem with my neighbors getting angry about my M35A2
its on my property in a completely legal space but my neighbors think that
it looks like I'm a terrorist or something. One is even complaining that its blocking view down the road that it does if you are him and are backing up low boy trailers loaded with equipment across the road. Although i know he wont do anything cause i have a good feeling it is illegal for him to store his trailers there what should i do about the others. The police have showed up and said its legal and i can not be ticketed but i have a feeling that the neighborhood association is about to start some problems. The M35A2 would have been fine where it is but there are a lot of new people to the neighborhood and they think they run the place now.

srodocker

Hey powerlord welcome to the site. im just north of you. just stick it out. the horrible weather is coming and they will come crying to you when they need a pull. just wait for the guy with the lowboy to get his truck stuck muahahaha. i park mine in my apt complex and so far no complaints.

Heavysteven

That's a hard decision. I would wait it out for now.

Remember "out of sight out of mind" has always worked for me. Oh yeah and I pulled a neighbor out of the ditch last winter.

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just try to keep your cool, don't make extra noise BUT don't do anything where they think they can push you around like "hiding" the truck from view. Whatever you do, don't let them see you spill anything like fuel, oil, or coolant on the ground!

-Ken J

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you get any type if notice from the HOA let them know immediatly that if you are going to be held to a standard then everyone in the HOA will be held to the same standard.

That will fix Mr lowboy trailer from the get-go.

What idiot could identify a M35 with terrorists??? The last time I looked most of them did their work wearing a suicide vest and carrying AK-47's and RPG's.

The good guys rode in deuces (before they were replaced).

Unless you have a 50 cal ring mount installed on your truck that dog won't hunt.

If the police have already told you there is no violation I would be firm and polite and tell them unless they want to pay your mortgage you will park your privately owned vehicle in your yard.

As stated prior....the first time someone gets axle deep in doo doo you will be the one they call instead of paying a big wrecker bill. As a matter of fact, if you see someone in that position be proactive and offer to help before they ask. You catch more files with honey than you do with vinegar.

kwiksilver

Or you could show up at a meeting with a bag of doughnuts and a big smile on your face and let them know you are a nice guy with a big toy who wants to be a part of the community. Offer to come up with a reasonable comprimise. Just my .02.

Engine5

Just gonna throw this out there. If you live in a small town and there is an Emergency Management Agency in your town, go to a meeting and introduce yourself. Let them know what you have and that in an emergency you could possibly supply emergency transportation or evac services should it be needed.
The folks at the town hall with badges will have a much better opion of your truck when they look at it as a possible asset.
As far as the neighbors, stick it out. They will ask for help someday, or in my case, they moved out.

kwiksilver

Just gonna throw this out there. If you live in a small town and there is an Emergency Management Agency in your town, go to a meeting and introduce yourself. Let them know what you have and that in an emergency you could possibly supply emergency transportation or evac services should it be needed.
The folks at the town hall with badges will have a much better opion of your truck when they look at it as a possible asset.
As far as the neighbors, stick it out. They will ask for help someday, or in my case, they moved out.
Good point. Nobody likes a redneck untill their car is broke.

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter

:ditto:

shannondeese

I took pictures of my truck to the HOA before I brought it down. I got thier written approval before hand, I told my neighbors about it then brought it down and now drive it almost every day. I also put a muffler on it so it's not quite so loud. Good Luck.

KsM715

If your legal now theres nothing the HOA can do about your truck. They can make all the rules they want about the next guy not being able to have a vehicle like that, but they can not make any rules to make you move yours. "ex-post-facto"

Scarecrow1

I don't think anyone enjoys being the cause of a problem...But This isn't your problem You are in the limmits of HOA .I f you wish you could store it or find someone to let you keep it in their yard . Or like me ..just learn to live with the fact that you can't please every body so stop trying to ....Live on my friend ......

shootiniron

I've got my house on the market and you would not bieleve the real estate agents feedback.I guess I too have some sort of militia compound going,I did'nt know that.I've even seen one agent with lookers pull up the drive way,then apparently see the 5 ton and deuce parked with the M37 in thier respective covered spots,and slowly back out.These freaken sissy la la's dont understand that its just a HOBBY!

Imapapallama

move near a mil base. i live between 5-10 miles from fort hood and the neighbors love my m109. what ever you do, dont tell them to "shove it" or anything simiar. that will make things worse

LanceRobson

Offer to come up with a reasonable comprimise.

The reasonable compromise is to ignore them. If the subject comes up again, tell them to mind their own business. If they wanted to be able to decide what is appropriate on your property, they should have bought it.

I know some folks won't agree with the attitude but if the neighbors don't care about your feelings or desires to decide how to utilize your own property there is no reason to be wishy washy about it.

Good luck

Lance

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I'm glad i live far back in the woods, if they can evan see my truck or house for that matter they are 1/2 mile past the no trespassing sigh.

dragonwagon

Iv read these type post before , i have a different type of neighbor problem . They come and borrow my Deuce , jimmy , jeep and so on . But never complain about them .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks