• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

never ending M135 brake problems!! Need advice??

Ashley P

A small note on wheel cylinder repair, my local machine shop brass sleeved 4 for me for $200. It wasn't their cup of tea, but I took them bare cylinders and one was already sleeved so they could see what needed to be done.

SturmTyger380

I have thought about doing this. I have a bridgeport mill but not done much with it. (no time). It would be a process of centering the wheel cylinder and over boring close to the size of the sleeve needed to match the original bore. Then pressing the sleeves in. I don't think it is complicated but for a machine shop that does other things that make more money a low priority item. Any idea how long it actually took them to machine the cylinders and press in the sleeves?

Ashley P

All I know about time to machine was it took a week to get them back. I told them the truck had been apart for a couple months and I was in no hurry. Surely it can't take long to machine them once you get them mounted in a mill.