• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New 6.5 for cucv, sort of.......

EnteJager

I got to preview this one a couple of weeks ago and won it last week.
The engine looked like it was taken out with hardly any milage on it. The whole engine has that new engine look, paper stickers intact and legible, no tool marks on any bolts, clean inside the hoses. Even the headers look like they never saw much heat. Spotless. We'll see how it checks out when I get her home.
NSN puts it at a 1996. :-D

Attachments

jwaller

that is an unusual piece. 6.5 with serpentine and hmmwv intake and headers. thats exactly what I want for my truck. it was prob removed after such a short time bc it had no oil pressure or had a bad noise.

hook up the starter and see if you can get oil press before you install it. might save you some headaches.

dilvoy

You can pull the glow plugs and look for glycol. It may have overheated and blown a head gasket, so I'd do a compression check and look for glycol in the oil too.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had the same thing. Was a 6.5 center mount turbo motor. I ended up giving it to Devilman and after install he found that it needed a piston and precup in one cylinder. Looked like they installed it, fired it and pulled it out. Perhaps something was left in the cylinder!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks