• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New LTBs mounted...pics

jimmy-90

Been workin on my M1028 some more. I got a set of 34X10.50X16" super swamper LTBs on sale for $604.00 shiped. I wasn't sure if they would fit without hitting the front fender wells when I went to back out of my driveway or not. Figured it was a crap shoot but I decided to order them in that size and see. If they did hit I could always put in an add-a-leaf kit to make them clear. So today I decided to mount them myself with a set of old tire spoons,sledge hammer,soapy watter,valve stem tool and alot of jumping up and down. To get the old tires off of the rims I used I had to have someone stand on them while I pulled the truck back and forth over the sidewalls but finally they popped off. The reason I did all this myself is because the last time I had a set of tires mounted and balanced at the tire store they charged me like $135.00. I figure all the hard work was easily worth it to save that much money. I just didn't wory about balanceing them lol. These tires work great. The truck finally does 55mph and will sustain it. As for the ride. I think it rides really smooth for a super swamper tire even in spite of not being balanced. But I also used to drive around in a 2800lb toyota with boggers on it. Now that was a rough ride.

Attachments

mtjbrown

Thats the kind of truck I just picked up for $2K!! Mine runs great, need new tires do they rub??? I like your tailights, where did they come from? I work at a truck parts place so I have an in for led lights:-D

Mark

jimmy-90

Nope the tires don't rub at all with my stock suspension luckily. I got the taillights and boxes from Northern Tool. The back-up lights came from the local truck supply store out here. Lol they are a definate improvement over the stock ones.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks