• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M1097A2 winner…owner

M998y

Hi everyone,

Currently serving in the Air Force and ucky winner of a 2010 M1097A2 GP auctions. Currently at “EUC sent” stage. Looking forward to any tip and guidance pre and post delivery. I know I will need a windshield for sure. Any advice on where to get one would be great!

I opted for the titled option at checkout. Has anyone gone that route, how did it go, what kind of tittle did you receive? Any issues?

The goal is to turn it into a 4 man hardtop/hard doors.

Must do list (pre/post delivery)?

Thanks!

HMMWV 1.jpeg

HMMWV 3.jpeg

HMMWV 9.jpeg

HMMWV 78.jpeg

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the SS forums and congratulations!
You will find many folks here to help you.
The first thing I would do is change all the fluids and filters, and download all the applicable TMs available here.
I get my glass from AMG, although it has gone up quite a bit lately.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hi everyone,

Currently serving in the Air Force and ucky winner of a 2010 M1097A2 GP auctions. Currently at “EUC sent” stage. Looking forward to any tip and guidance pre and post delivery. I know I will need a windshield for sure. Any advice on where to get one would be great!

I opted for the titled option at checkout. Has anyone gone that route, how did it go, what kind of tittle did you receive? Any issues?

The goal is to turn it into a 4 man hardtop/hard doors.

Must do list (pre/post delivery)?

Thanks!

View attachment 923051

View attachment 923052

View attachment 923053

View attachment 923055
Welcome to the Outfit!

Yes indeed. Now you wait... Then one day you go pick it up, or it magically arrives on a trailer.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I feel you did well in opting for the title. There are a few states from which they pull their titles. I know they go through Florida as I have gotten Florida titles in the past. I think they go through Arizona, too, but I am not positive as I never got an Arizona title from them. I seem to recollect that I've read about others getting Arizona titles. Good luck, and thank you for your service.

M998y

The first thing I would do is change all the fluids and filters, and download all the applicable TMs available here.

Thanks! Link much appreciated and TM downloaded.

M998y

I feel you did well in opting for the title. There are a few states from which they pull their titles. I know they go through Florida as I have gotten Florida titles in the past. I think they go through Arizona, too, but I am not positive as I never got an Arizona title from them. I seem to recollect that I've read about others getting Arizona titles. Good luck, and thank you for your service.
Thank you! Finger crossed it all goes well and I get a clean usable title.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's correct on the windshield. I use to pay either $69.00 or $79.00. Wow, it has really gone up a lot.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last i checked with them (around February this year) they don't do the FL title anymore.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I remember when they were $39.00 and that year they gave free shipping during Dec., wish I picked up a dozen..
I know I bought 3 of them, only used one so far. Another local bought 6 I think, and at least one got damaged in shipping.
After that AM General realized their mistake and jacked up the price during the free shipping sales.

M998y

EUC approved today 5/13/24 and item released for pick up. Time to arrange transportation. Has anyone use the GP sponsored VeriTread transportation company? If yes, any feedback.

On a different note, title info now says “Title available” under the item summary in my GP account. Fingers still crossed for a clean usable one.

cdohner44mag

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used veritread for my 1123. Price was about what it would have cost me to pick up myself so saved me the hassle. They use independent contractors and the guy that delivered mine was very professional. He called to see if I was driving it off the trailer or using a forklift so he knew where to put it and would give me updates on his progress from GA to DE. I would use veritread again if I win from GA again.

M998y

I used veritread for my 1123. Price was about what it would have cost me to pick up myself so saved me the hassle. They use independent contractors and the guy that delivered mine was very professional. He called to see if I was driving it off the trailer or using a forklift so he knew where to put it and would give me updates on his progress from GA to DE. I would use veritread again if I win from GA again.
Thanks! I will give them a try.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks