• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Part # deuce lower rad. hose

2027Deuce

Needed to replace the lower rad. hose on the 109 so I went through the parts cross reference listing and found part number 7359 and found this to be the wrong hose. I bouht NAPA part number 7372 and cut about 1 inch off the top and bottom and had a good fit. Luckily I checked the hose at home because my inspection caused the hose to tear open.

Its an easy fix while at home guys but maybe costly if it blows out.

Heres a pic of new and old.

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure there is clearance between the damper and the hose. If not, you'll rub a hole in it the first trip around the block. Crap, I have hose kits for the 2 1/2 multi. I need to advertise more!

jimm1009

deuce hose

Can anyone describe the trimming procedure for the NAPA Deuce hose?
I have the number from this thread which contradicts the number from the cross reference chart which is NAPA #20611.
If it works then that is the one that I will buy but what end needs to be trimmed and how much?
Thanks,
jimm1009 (with m35A2C)
:-D

Additional Data:
I will be purchasing the new hose today and I'll just pull the alternator off and trim it to fit and adjust for chafing.
I have a Wolverine 24V GM based alternator coming today or tommorrow to replace my OEM unit that is inopterative so I might as well pull it off now for this project as it will give much more room for inspection.

Last edited:

jatonka

In the first post, 2027deuce told us he trimmed 1" from each end. I know him personnally and he is a perfectionist at measurements, you can take it to the bank that his number hose will work for you. Nothing beats the true military lower hose, it can't be copied at NAPA exactly. You can get them at www.adirondackdodgeparts.com and at Memphis equipment, and Will Wagner has them too. I get mine from Fred at Adirondack cause he is close by and tolerates me well. JT out