• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New plow for the M1009

EnteJager

I finally got around to installing a new Western Pro 7.5 Ultra mount on the old girl. I was even able to keep the brush guard on . 3-400 lbs of ballast in the back seems to be about right for traction. It will be nice to plow a few of the smaller lots with the CUCV instead of the crew cab F-250 with the 8 FT.

Looks like some PowerSlot rotors and Hawk pads will be in the near future, the stock brakes are marginal with the extra weight.

Attachments

101coolcars

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice rig. whats a plow like that run? is it difficult/quick to remove the blade for summertime? how much did it lower the front end?

[thumbzup]
101coolcars

4bogginchevys

If you take the truck offroad than slotted rotors will be a problem in the mud, a good once over all the brakes can save your check book, maybe enough for the first payment on that plow, it's a nice one!:jumpin:

EnteJager

Winter usually isn't over here in the North East until 1st week of April, we still have the potential for some good snow Feb and March. Its hit or miss. We have had some of our biggest storms in March. It's the whole N'orEaster thing.

The Ultra mount comes off with 2 pins and at the end of the season 2 pockets that the frame rides in detatch from the truck and the rest of it disappears under the truck. The plow hooks on and off in about 3 minutes.

It ain't cheap, but I've been plowing with Western for 20 yrs and wouldn't plow with anything else, thants just me.

EnteJager

If you take the truck offroad than slotted rotors will be a problem in the mud, a good once over all the brakes can save your check book, maybe enough for the first payment on that plow, it's a nice one!:jumpin:
My "4 wheeling " days are about 20yrs in the past, an occasional corn (frozen)field during goose season is about all the off-road my trucks see anymore. pavement pounder for sure.

I surely won't save enough on the brakes to make the 1st plow payment, the 1st payment was the last, it's paid for.;)

4bogginchevys

good deal (it's paid for)! Just trying to help you save money, good luck with the plow....hopefully you'll get a good start on it paying for itself this year:smile:

101coolcars

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the reply, i have never had a plow before, seems like a natural use for our trucks. I found some used western plows from 1500-4500. I wonder how they would look in camo? If you hit some debris or ice, does the plow damage easliy? Thanks again for the info

101coolcars

EnteJager

good deal (it's paid for)! Just trying to help you save money, good luck with the plow....hopefully you'll get a good start on it paying for itself this year:smile:
I appreciate it, the last time i put a new plow on a truck it only snowed once after that for the season, so I can bet our winter was over the day the check cleared. It's 55 today.:)

Last edited:

rockman

Looks good but seems like a lot weight for a short bed 1/2 ton. We alway splowed with 3/4 or 1 tons. Western does make the best plow, beats meyer and boss. For small lots it ought to be good.

EnteJager

Looks good but seems like a lot weight for a short bed 1/2 ton. We alway splowed with 3/4 or 1 tons. Western does make the best plow, beats meyer and boss. For small lots it ought to be good.

I've plowed with everything from an F-350 to a '79 CJ7 304 with quadra trac, the Jeep is still my favorite. I'll be driving the CUCV doing small strip malls 50-150 parking spaces and I'm pretty easy on equipment, the other 2 trucks are F-250's and I've got good guys driving them.

I'll take a good operator in a 1/2 ton over a hack in a 3/4 ton any day.;)

JPDC

You'll want to use it all the time. Forget the F250...

I used mine for the first time in the blizzard back in December. It was the best truck I have plowed in, hands down, ever. I must have pulled out 10 guys over the course of the 4 days of snowplowing. The only thing I missed was a radio and I am fixing that this week.

And don't forget, the M1009 has 3/4 rated suspension under it. I had 500lbs of ballast in back and a Blizzard 760LT hanging off the front. Truck hardly moved when the plow was raised.

Good luck with it and let me know how she does this Friday/Saturday when we get 6-12 inches of the white stuff up the east coast!!!

dstang97

how come you dont like boss plows? I love mine.

EnteJager

Looks like the maiden voyage this upcoming weekend here in the north east. Spent a good part of the day going over the truck. If we get what they are saying 12"-24" she'll be out for 24+ hrs.
I'll post up the good, the bad, and the ugly.:mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks