• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me M151A1

AMGeneral

Well I guess since I have had it a week,I should finally post up about my recent purchase.

I purchased a 1967 uncut Ford M151A1 August 3rd,now the task of getting parts to restore it,as well as fix a few rusty spots in the front floors as well as the rear body behind the rear seat.

I had been looking for a M151 ever since I sold the M38A1 several years ago.

Attachments

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congratulations on the truck! Looks very good. There was a guy on here selling new body panels for M151s a while back, but can't remember who. If they are still available that might work better and easier than repairing the rust. From the photos, they looked like original.

AMGeneral

Thanks for the kind words guys,I keep finding this 151 is in beter shape than I originally thought.

While searching through the parts I got with it,I found and NOS distributor,still in the box as well as a set of nos wires,plus the distributor is a A2 unit with the electronic ingition!

The engine is clean inside,no rust or trash,and the cylinder walls still have crosshatch patterns in them,it had a new water pump installed before I purchased it as well.

I am going to most likely send the carb off to Brooks engine service in FL for a rebuild, he seems to be the GO TO person for the 151 carbs.

HILLBILLY 06

Looks good! I have had mine for about 18 months. Fun to drive and easy to work on. Good luck and congratulations on your purchase.

majorhitt

I'm in the middle of rebuilding my M151A1, I used panels from Jeep panels plus. I had them a long time, I knew I was going to need them. At a show this summer I saw a vendor with all types of panels, they looked good. Nice find. keep up the pics.

AMGeneral

New pics of the M151A1

Attachments