• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to Me M923A2

Defcon-1

Hello and Good Day Friends,

I've been looking for a while and finally pulled the trigger and purchased a 1990 BMY M923A2, I have a bunch of questions about it lol. Mainly, looking to see what I should be doing as preventative-maintenance as the previous maintenance is not known (engine oil + filter / trans oil + filter / etc.) The truck has 18,000 miles on it with 700 hours on the engine. What should I be looking to do first? What should be the first priority in service? There is a data tag on the dash showing the Mil-spec fluids required, how can I find the civilian equivalent? Should I be going by what the data-tags say or is there a manual for this somewhere I can find?

I did drive it home 2+ hours and it was smooth sailing, but would like to "reset" or test the components to make sure everything is squared away and then follow a schedule to have it checked (service intervals). I am an aircraft mechanic by trade so I'm not afraid to get down and dirty with big (expensive too lol) parts. Will take any and all advice, fire away please! Ty!