• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to Mep-803A ownership general questions

I'm positive just losening the top a bit allowed it to fire, Regardless of how; all the pumps "fire" now. I only found one other thread as to the rebuild of the injecotor pumps. One person had shown the order putting it together (without much detail) but when i asked for more details another member said, to keep my questions to my own thread.

The below video is an excellent animation of the way the injector pumps work and its easy to imagine the internals have to be a certain rotation upon rebuild.

whats the proper way to classify this type of injector? I've heard them called pop'in injector pumps and this term helix fuel pump makes sense too.

Ray70

Correct, they absolutely do need to be indexed correctly otherwise you will have all sorts of issues.
FYI, you have to call them metering pumps. "Injector" as related to the 802 and 803 will mess up your search results and you may not find what you're looking for. Can you post a link to that other person's thread, possibly one of us can decipher the reassembly for you.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never had to take one apart... simply letting them sit in carb cleaner and exercising them has always worked. From the document Guyfang posted a bit back, they appear to assemble in a very straight forward manner. Unless you say locating tabs or items which would help internals maintain position, I am not sure how it could be misaligned. Besides... you will still be limited by the injector if its flowing right.

Very strange, I can't seem to find the thread I had commented on that showed the injector pump laid out for reassembly. That was when someone told me to keep to my own thread maybe they blocked me from partisipating in that thread.

This other thread shows a a couple images referring to the indexing inside the Injector pumps.

Based on the same problem i'm having as desribed there. This all makes sense. I've done it soo many times now; I can pull/ dissassemble and reassemble the pumps and fuel racksin about an hour.

Just wish i knew how to index the parts all back together...

uniquify

I shared some pics a while back when I was working in a stuck metering pump. In my case I only had to take the top half of my pump apart, but there might be something useful in these pics:

Ray70

If I recall correctly there were 2 duplicate threads running ( which gets confusing ) the purpose of deleting one is to keep all the data contained within a single thread and not have different people posting info in 2 different places.
I think the problem here is that the primary thread got deleted instead of the duplicate.
@Guyfang , do you know if there is a way to reinstate a deleted thread and nix the other duplicate instead?

Guyfang

Staff member
The reason I deleted it is because the cross posting of the same problem, in two or more threads is not allowed. What you can do is this. Send the person you want to ask questions, a PM. Or, write the persons name in this thread, like this. @Guyfang and that will allert the person you want to talk to, by sending him a email, inviting him to your thread. If that person is still active, and they are nice, they will jump in.

Guyfang

Staff member
I soft deleted the two posts. Not the thread. I can bring the two posts back. But what I suggested above, might be a better way, anyway. The thread Eric is talking about is not his thread. The post I deleted of Eric's did not contain any information dealing with his problem. He was asking for more suggestions of thread that might help him.

Eric wrote:
"Is there a particualr thread for the proper rebuilding of these pumps? i just put it all back together without taking rotation into account, and now My machine won't shut down and goes sky high rpm."

This has been edited to add Eric's question.

Last edited:
Here is what i feel like is an awesome evaluation I made. I asked myself the question..
IF i can't use any stop function or switch of the stop solenoid to stop the engine; That also means that I must be able to start my engine with the rack in the off position!

That preatty much proves the injector metering pumps were not rebuilt with the right indexing.
INDEED, I can ziptie my throtlle in the stop position and EVEN THAN it starts right up and tries to fly into orbit!

I'll be pulling out the Injector pumps 1 by 1 and trying to figure out the indexing by trial and error if i have to. The only two parts that have holes or cutouts are the ones i detailed in my photos.. Figuring out this will be most likely be the final demon for my machine. SO Close.

Guyfang

Staff member
guyfang, yes it was the same thread, someone had put the pumps together with the piston that is pushed up by the tapet 90 degrees off . The first picture is correct the second picture was the way the pump was put together. I was told to contact you and I tried to send you a message but couldn’t get it to go through. I’ll let you know Monday how things are going. Thanks for your help. I’ve had a couple other members helping me as well and I greatly appreciate it.

Attachments
Have you written GlennH yet?

guyfang, yes it was the same thread, someone had put the pumps together with the piston that is pushed up by the tapet 90 degrees off . The first picture is correct the second picture was the way the pump was put together. I was told to contact you and I tried to send you a message but couldn’t get it to go through. I’ll let you know Monday how things are going. Thanks for your help. I’ve had a couple other members helping me as well and I greatly appreciate it.

Attachments
Have you written GlennH yet?
Cant thank you enough Guy! I lost the contact until just now but I think i'll give it a go just basedoff these pics!!!
I'm so excited! This would also explain why i have so much misc. smoke of all colors and orientations out each cylinder because the angles of the plugers were all just "potluck" so some may be all fuel , others non at all!!
@GlennH hopefully this will invite him to this thread to share any advice.
I'll actualy write him now because the other piece may also be a variable

@Glenn H

This is the right user name
This is what it says in the enigne manual ha
02.13.2 Servicing the Fuel Pump No attempt to dismantle the fuel pump, other than to replace the delivery valve, must be made

Whoops i think were breaking the rules

I'm going to make a detailed video on the questions i have rebuilding these pumps. and add the info here

I'm following along a rebuild manual for a different "but similar" type of pump here.

Im more and more confident that the rebuilding of the pumps is exaclty why I'm having the problems I'm having. There are those two special parts of the plunger that need to be lined up for proper rebuild I still don't have a direct answer too.

If you can get an opinion from the rebuilder you know that would be great. I bet the variables lie within setting that bottom plunger to that orifice collar.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks