• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new truck and back again

kevin-m1008

I join a couple years ago when i purchased a M1008 and after selling it I dropped off here. Well a couple weeks ago a nice local M1031 showed up on craigs and it followed me home. So for the last few weeks it has been my daily driver to see what it needs. so far just wipers, oil change and cutting the locks off the spare tire carrier and for the steering wheel chain. all the other fluids looked new and matched the story from the previous owner that they were recently changed.
only things i need to do is a radiator flush and replace a bulb in the dash. or until something goes wrong.
it starts right up in the recent ~20degree weather, have had no strange sounds so pretty happy!

I confirmed what the previous owner said, which the generator does not work but the pto turns when engaged and the high idle does not work with the pto on. I'm not sure if I need it so may sale it(generator) for parts. and may replace the box with a regular pickup bed.

I know everyone likes pics so here is one of it next to my M715.
20130112_105114.jpg

I will add a few more pics soon. I have two rust spots one on the passenger side rocker panel top and one on the engine compartment firewall near the master cylinder. has new brakes.

one observation:
M715 has 4:56 gears, 38" xml's and turbo 400,np205 xfer with a stock(120hp) 4bt with a 3200rpm spring in it. So the drive train is almost the same. the M715 feels faster from a dead start. kinda surprised me as i was thinking would be a little slower with the taller tires and less hp. I guess I will need to do a couple timed 0-55 tests to see if it is.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks