• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New truck

sparky78

Hi We just picked up a 1970 m35a2 with winch and gun turet . It seems to have a fuel problem not sure if 1 or 2 differant problems . First on drive home about 1 hour in truck just shut down checked and no fuel came out of filters at bottom petcocks . let truck sit about 30 minuts we turned on power switch opened top petcocks after some air came out fuel started flowing shut petcocks trucked started and had been running good . BUT now after sitting about 6 days with out use its like all fuel drained back in to tank had to bleed for very long time before fuel came out than truck started right up . Any help would welcomed greatly this is our first diesel truck all gas before M 37 "s and M135 's Thank you Mark

smoke

I would check in tank pump and wiring first. I believe there is a check valve(ball) or something to hold fuel prime if not working fuel could drain back to tank. Also check make sure all lines especially in tank line and fitting are tight or lines not wore out. You could be sucking air in to fuel system causing lose of prime.

sparky78

Thanks going to change all filters tonight and check deeper into in tank pump . I can see screws are rounded off and some missing so some one has been in there before . We just got another m35a2 from Camp MC COY so more fun on the way !!!! Thanks again I will get some pictures on here soon . Mark

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mark, be sure to investigate the top of that in-tank pump before removing 'cause there's a fuse holder built into the top. A poor connection or blown fuse may cause your observed symptoms.

Rick