• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New XM1061 Trailer

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's what I like to see. Somebody that has enough truck, to get the job done. That sure beats somebody going after it with a Ford Ranger, and saying it pulled great at 70. A shelter will look great on it. Will you have enough room for a little porch?

Timberwolf22

I researched the XM1061e1 trailer - it looked like it was a mobile fuel or water system.

The boxes mounted on the back were large power distribution housings - I can only guess for fuel delivery equipment and connections back to a generator or other power source.

Plan to mount the S-280 shelter on this one and tow behind the new M35A3. I like the idea of being able to drop the "Mobile Command Center" and still use the truck for cargo hauling.

Todd
Tew's Armory
www.tewsarmory.com

Last edited:

MadCat2

LOL the Wrecker doesnt even know its back there! didnt have any problems on the road, expect that the lights didnt work and I had to tie up one of the legs once I put it on the hitch!

Lonesome715

I have a 105 to pull behind my deuce. I like that it has a side and a cover. However, I would like something a little longer. I wonder what it would take to get one of them like that. The only bad thing is it uses different tires and rims.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, nice trailers. Make sure you have plenty of tongue weight when towing, I had loading mine too light on the tongue, it got to wagging, darn near wrecked the truck.

Nonotagain

Yep, nice trailers. Make sure you have plenty of tongue weight when towing, I had loading mine too light on the tongue, it got to wagging, darn near wrecked the truck.
Yes, that is a XM1061 trailer.

I wish that there were an easy way to move the boogies further to the rear of the trailer to gain some more weight on the pintle. Empty the trailer weighs 5800 lbs, and has a gross weight of 15K and change.

Nice trailer, but too heavy to pull with a deuce on a regular basis, though CARNAC brings one up to Aberdeen from Georgia every year.