• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie from N.W. burbs of Chicago IL

swampzr2

Hi everyone, I have been looking around, and think it is time to look at buying a Deuce M35A3. I am familiar with the rockwell axles, as I run them on my rock crawler, but the Deuce is new to me. Does anyone in the area have a A2 or A3 I could check out or even drive in as a passenger? I want to bid in an upcoming auction, but want to talk to some IL people first to run a few questions past them first.

I am from Algonquin Illinois.

I look forward to some Illinois peoples' respopnse.

jeep6289

i also live in IL. belvidere to be exact. and am looking into getting a m35a2. i was wondering what everyone else has done for licence plates. and insurance.

JOAT 0311

Talk to 6x6guy. He is closest to you and has a few different running variations of the deuce. He will also be able to get you parts. I go down to your area quite a bit too. My truck is singled out and very close but not road capable yet. 6x6guy also knows quite a few people w/deuces in your area. I do have a friend w/a bobbed 5 ton if that interests you.

TheWeatherMan

Nice truck, I am kinda close by to you. I take my truck to the Arboretum cruise nights on wednesdays over the summer. Bring your truck by the show sometime and say hi.

TheWeatherMan

I was at the Pot bellys at the arboretum today!!!
I am more of a Panera guy myself but, to each his own. I also go to the Barrington, Lake Zurich and Palatine Cruise nights. We can really use a few more OD trucks or just ild trucks in general.

TheWeatherMan

I had peoples jaws drop when I brought my deuce, it still happens. People loved it from the first time... even though it had faded camo and rust, looked ****ty to me.