• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Northern Illinois Depot Parade

50shooter

This June (12th is the planned date) there will be a parade to mark the 10th anniversary of the closing of the Savanna Army Depot. Tentative plans are to have current military vehicles from local units and past MV's of all ages to participate in a parade. The last comander of the Depot is planning on coming and speaking. The depot, or parts of it, will be open to the MV folks for pictures and camping.

We tried a get together this past Oct. but the weather killed it and only had a half dozen brave souls show up.

Love to have as many as possible show up. Hope there is no other major events planned that w/e.

Thanks
Jason

skinnedknuckles

Count me in as long as my bobbed deuce does not blow another head gasket:roll:, or maybe I should fix the clutch in the other deuce and hook up shortie on the towbar:p.
Paul in Janesville,Wis
The snows melting in my driveway and I can see my other m37

50shooter

Count me in as long as my bobbed deuce does not blow another head gasket:roll:, or maybe I should fix the clutch in the other deuce and hook up shortie on the towbar:p.
Paul in Janesville,Wis
The snows melting in my driveway and I can see my other m37
Did the new head gasket work out better than the first time? I can all but promise the weather will be better in June. Even if it rains it will better than last time.

The location is Savanna, Illinois 61074. It is right on the Mississippi and across the river from Sabula Iowa (the Island city). Galena IL is 40 minutes North, the Quad Cities 60 miles South, Rockford 80 minutes East.

50shooter

The date is getting closer so I wanted to post a reminder. If you are anywhere close and can make it, that would be great. Any members here belong to a collectors group that you could post a notice at? The commitee would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Jason

50shooter

Do we have any members in MVPA in the Eastern Iowa, Southern WI, Northern IL area?

All of the local guard units and the Rock Island Aresenal have declined to show up with so much as a HMMWV. So much for free recruiting opportunities. We have four military organizations less than an hour away and no one has the money or time to come. Our Grand Marshal is an active duty Army LTC or full bird and he made some calls to no avail.

Hope some of you can make the trip. Please send me a PM if you can make it and I'll give you all the details.

Thanks
Jason

50shooter

im in northern ill where is this place at???????
Savanna IL. We are on the Mississippi about 30 miles south of Galena, 20 miles north of Clinton IA, 5 miles East of Sabula IA. Not too far by MV from Rockford, Chicago, Cedar Rapids, Madison, Peoria, Burlington etc.

50shooter

This is your schedule tickler. Please let me know on this thread or by PM if you think you can make it.

Thanks
Jason

50shooter

We are forming up at 1200 on Sat, 6/12/10. The parade starts @ 1300. We will be on display after in the Pamida parking lot. The family fun night sponsored by the Lions Club starts at 1700 and the movie "Night at the Museum 2" will begin at 2100 on the monster inflatable screen.

Hope some of you close guys can make it.

Thanks
Jason

skinnedknuckles

Dang , :cry: looks like I'm going to have to work this morning so I won't be able to make it to the parade we'll see about this afternoons activities. It would be nice to make it down there since the bobbed deuce is running great and its not cold enough to snow/rain like last year.
Paul

50shooter

I'm sorry to hear that. Sounds like the vast majority have backed out so as much as I'd like to have you come down and to see your bobbed duece, it may not be worth your trip. The big screen movie, games and such are still going to happen at the park weather permitting. The MVPA from the Quad Cities is coming up with 6 asst. vehicle thank goodness. For MV's it will be them and a local guy w/ a M35 and I'm driving a M35 and my wife will drive that M715.

We didn't continue with plans for a campout and such at the Army depot due to lack of interest.

Thanks
Jason

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks