• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

not really a rant but

offroaddiesel

iam courious, i went out to buy a small amount of k1 this morning and had to sign a document saying iam only using it for heat, since it was only a small amount i refused to sign and had to pay a road tax, not only is k1 red that want to monitor its use. any one else see this. steve

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We don't have to sign anything in GA, but I would guess it is because everyone is dumping it in vehicles due to high gas prices.

emr

Big brother is watching :shock: are U sure ? the walls have ears...In Nj the Gustapo state has not done that yet but it is just a matter of time, I guess we need to raise taxes more for the forms first... and have to open a new agency headed by a relative of the governor to run it, aua ...Randy

emr

hndrsonj said:
We don't have to sign anything in GA, but I would guess it is because everyone is dumping it in vehicles due to high gas prices.
In NJ Kero is 3:69 to 4 bucks a gallon and i dont think i would dump it in the tank since super is CHEAPER :!: Can U believe that,... On the job site i filled the big heater and now wont turn it on because its to expensive, Kero 4 bucks, hard to belive...Randy

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My answer to the fuel price problem in this country:

1. Abolish taxes on them, federal state and local.
2. Publicly hang the first politician who complains about #1.
3. Drill for oil in the Gulf of Mexico, Alaska, anywhere it exists, regardless of how much the tree-huggers scream. They drive cars too.
4. Offer to buy Saudi/Middle Eastern oil at $40 a barrel, for as long as they can produce it. They must accept, or continue to #5.
5. Glass pave the Middle East. Robots can drill for oil through glass.

6. Don't elect me President. Or I can guarantee you that 1 through 5 will happen.

offroaddiesel

hndrsonj said:
thats one of the reason they are monotoring the use of k1 heating oil and on road and off road diesel up here .any time of the year you can see the d.o.t. lining up oil burners and checking on what they are using. steve

JohnnyReb

In Ga you don't have to sign but the GDOT is starting to crack down.

The main way fella's get away with it: Mount a tank that is used to fill machinery in the front of the bed of the pickup (diesel) .......then run a fuel line from the bottom of the tank into the fuel tank of the pickup.

GDOT is starting to catch on.

m139h2otruck

Up here, we now have 4 types of fuel: dyed heating oil, dyed off-road low sulfur fuel untaxed, clear low sulfur taxed fuel and dyed kero. If you are caught with dyed fuel in an over the road truck == big fines. Now the fuel police (EPA) are out checking the off-road equipment tanks for the low sulfur dyed fuel. They can and will also fine the supplier. Again, the fines are too large to take the risk. Welcome back to 1984 and Big Brother!!

Bill W

I went through this a few time in So.Fla
I got stopped by DOT but it was the other DOT ( Dept of Treasury) officer. She checked my fuel in my tank truck three times in three years. The only peolple in PU trucks that I've known to be stopped by them were trucks that had a remote/aux tanks in the bed ( that big red pump sticks up like a flag ) and pulling off road equipt. I also know of a wideload chase truck that got checked at a weigh station

emr

As for a shortage of oil I say hogwash, The last i heard we were going to be at the 50% mark of"" KNOWN USEABLE"" oil in 10 years or so, well 4 months later another reserve bigger than anything ever seen has been located, so wash the first story, and as for as far as common sense tells me, we are only scrapping the top of whats in the earth, and there are enough fossil feuls for as long as our spiecies will be here,,, And i like how its said on the news, its future traders in oil trading jacking up prices, yea right thats why the oil company's just had AGAIN the biggest oil proffits in history, oh its not really them its some trader and china...Big Oil is run by a bunch of greedy no good@#%^&....Randy

joec

maddawg308 said:

3. Drill for oil in the Gulf of Mexico, Alaska, anywhere it exists, regardless of how much the tree-huggers scream. They drive cars too.
4. Offer to buy Saudi/Middle Eastern oil at $40 a barrel, for as long as they can produce it. They must accept, or continue to #5.

6. Don't elect me President. Or I can guarantee you that 1 through 5 will happen.

WE CONTROL THE OIL DISTIBUTION . ON THE RIG OVER THERE....tHANKS TO THE GUY'S WITH THE TRIDENT THAT IS A MAJOR FACTOR IN THERE INSIGNIA...OOOO....YAHHHH!!!!

FormerNewMVGuy

Just bought a tank of fuel today 3.69 a gallon for clear diesel, and thats where i have a fuel account at a large oil company! Going to have to stay at home soon!!!!

joec

NewMVGuy said:
Just bought a tank of fuel today 3.69 a gallon for clear diesel, and thats where i have a fuel account at a large oil company! Going to have to stay at home soon!!!!

Scott nice website u have..Mason work is nice.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
maddawg308 said:

And I thought -I- was a dictator! Can I be Vice President? I would like to help fix the social programs and banking system! I promise you I will fix the South border, the welfare blight and remove the drain on our social services caused by illegals.

My fence along the south border will be inexpensive. A sigle 10FT chain link, with warning signs (INCLUDING SPANISH) :
-DANGER: INVISIBLE LASER RADIATION
-CLASS 4 C02 LASER >10KW
-(and on the sign a skull and crossbones and an icon of a running man with water coming off his back and his A55 on fire -in spanish too!)
I think this could be done for less than the obvious alternative of surveillance and a squadron of 4-5 A-10 warthogs.

The solution to the welfare issue among citizens is simple. Save it for the truly disbled. You see the government doctor. If you can't work at all and have your own home, you can stay and pay no taxes, living off a small but adequate stipend. Otherwise, gov't housing. Limits on utility bills/ electronic thermostats to reduce waste. Disabled Military and other certain qualified individuals/personnel get a quite better package than this basic one because they have earned it. I'd appoint disabled vets to manage that.

If you can work but won't, and have nowhere to go, there would be invasively supervised residences like halfway houses or projects, and no privacy, so that there could be no shennannigans. No thermostats set below 80 in summer or above 65 in winter. 4 bunks to a room, rice and beans, and a daily vitamin. Like a barracks. Exceptions for those who the federal doctor deems need special care. Supervision and control of utility consumption done over low-speed internet. Tamper and it's gone. No prepared foods for those who are physically able to cook the rice and beans. This seems harsh, but in reality, it is generous. The slack has traditionally been taken up by comunities (churches, aid groups, etc).

Help! the county hospital is full of illegal aliens having babies, and I'm bleeding! Or, my wallet is bleeding.. Illegals needing medical care earn a one way tickes on the bus south, afterwards. Baby? Send the family back the day the baby can go home. (No inhuman or rough stuff, it's a condition of the service) They can raise their kid in Mexico. When the kid becomes 18, the kid may return to the USA with all the priveleges of their citizenship. This stops the anchor baby poroblem and encouages illegals that just happened to come here to play puppy mill, to raise their kids better in Mexico, so that when the kids have the chance to enter the USA, they'll have an opportunity for a decent living, so that they can send money back to their parents in Mexico or maybe even work to get them granted permission to come legally.

I'd also grow the INS and start hitting the profiled workplaces. Bust and deport. Any property gets divided up between GL and the state for auction.

I'd abolish the federal reserve and let our money be what it's worth. Or, put very large taxes on imports. 100% seems reasonable. might put wal-mart out of biz when the VCR's start costing $200 again, but let them reap what they have helped sow.

I would also find a way to fix the IRS so that, at the risk of sounding communist, everyone pays their fare share, no more, no less. But that wouldn't such a problem, because there'd be alot of beaurcrats and politicians having to get real jobs, with the according reduction in government spending and unneccessary social programs. Priorities would be healtcare, education, military, space (listed in no particular order) Maybe the politicians and the bums could work at wal-mart and fill the empty slots at the aforementioned profiles work places.

Energy: If half the area of new Mexico was covered checkerboard-style with solar panels, we would need no power plants. Add Nevada, and we'd probably be able to go totally electric for transportation. (MV collectors would receive exemptions and subsidies for fuel/oil costs)

Oh, and any sane adult could own and carry a firearm, except felons. Violent felons get a small tattoo on their forehead instead, so that others know to leave them alone, and so that parolees etc cannot so freely associate and get into more trouble. Pardoned felons get it tremoved for free. Executions of criminals would be freely televised, but in a sober manner, it is no game.

One last bit:
What about Veterans and military? I think soldiers, active and retired, honorably discharged.. They get to vote twice in all elections.
--State military personnel should get this too, but only AFTER puting in a full 20 years to qualify for this privelege, since the duty, although military, is far less hazardous. I throw in State mil. now because today, most "state militia" personnel are being held to compliance with more and more federal regulations and are also under UCMJ, etc., and many states are adpting a JMF (joint military forces) model. The only thing they waive now is fat boys, and that is to get and retain the technical and operational knowledge for support missions, which is what we do. Enough about the state mil.. moving along here.. -->

Please, pencil my name "Opcom Dracul" in on the ballot this year for VP under where you write "Maddawg for President".

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
maddawg308 said:

Can I put a request in for the VP slot?