• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oaks PA - Military Show

Timberwolf22

Wanted to let everyone know about a large show that was being put together for March 28-30 2014 in South Eastern PA.

Eagle Arms is a promoter of numerous firearm shows in PA and they are planning to double the size of their flagship event at the Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks PA.

A show at the Expo center usually has 1,000 tables for vendors and thousands of customers thru the doors over the weekend and we only utilize half the Expo center.

For this specific show Eagle Arms has decided to expand to a Firearm & Military Show. The Entire Expo center has been reserved for the event and 2,000 vendor tables are expected to be sold for the event.

The shows vendors expand well outside of Firearms to include Military Surplus, Ammunition, Military Collectors and Memorabilia and now they are reaching out the Military Vehicle community as well.

Eagle Arms is offering indoor spots for vendors to setup tables and even bring their vehicles indoors. Indoor Vendor spots of variable sizes 10x15, 15x15, 20x15, 25x15 will be available - I will provide additional information and pricing as everything is finalized.

You may have seen Tew's Armory at some of the MV shows.... Aberdeen, Gilbert, Sussex, .... these are the Firearms shows that we are also vendors at .... Eagle Arms is a great promoter that we work with throughout the year and we wanted to make sure to pass along this large event for everyone in the area to allow you the opportunity vend or the opportunity to do some buying as well.

Please contact me if you have additional questions.... would really like to know who is planning to attend and considering bringing their MV.

I will update as more information is available.

Eagle Arms Website for more information:
www.eagleshows.com

Expo Center Website:
www.phillyexpocenter.com

Last edited:

PaFarmer

Sounds like a nice improvement to the event. If they want to have a military vehicle show, I will participate.

MadCat2

Huge opportunity for the MV community and we are proudly partnering with Eagle Arms in 2014 to make the event a huge success! Space costs are as follows:
normal cost for vendors is 70 per 4x8 table, but if you bring a military vehicle your space cost 10'x15 is only 100 dollars. A 15x15 space will cost you only 150, a 20x15 will cost 200 and a 25x15 will cost 250. This is a huge savings for an event this large and its all indoors! and give you a ton of room to display your vehicle and any gear you want to sell. The deal with the promoter is for military vehicle displays only at this price.

The promoter is expecting 15,000 people any time they have a 3 day event, so this is going to be their largest event ever and the first time they have rented out the entire facility! The military vehicles will get an entire wing of the gun show, right down the middle and they plan on putting all of the military surplus vendors around us since were there to draw the crowd!

A few details to consider, vehicles must be low on fuel when they enter and be prepared to tape off your battery terminals once your parked. Gun shows do not allow anyone to pack up and leave early so be prepared to stay the entire time. Feel free to contact me for more information (570)637-3900 or go directly to http://www.eaglearmsgunshows.com/oaks-gun-show-philadelphia-expo-center.html

Last edited:

MadCat2

Eagle Arms has just informed us that they have contracted to rent the entire facility for the December show- they have never done this before.

Times are: Friday 3pm-8pm 12/20/2013 Saturday 9am-5pm 12/21/2013, Sunday 9am-4pm 12/22/2013.

They are anticipating over 1200 tables which will make it their largest show ever and they want to include Military vehicles in the show as well. Tew's Armory will have both of their vehicles at the show, as well as Eastern Surplus will be there. If your a vendor this is a huge opportunity, if you want to stop bye and pick up some gear or truck parts- make sure you stop in and say high! We will have 3 Santa's Helpers with us this year again!

IMG950785.jpgTowed%20Jim%20Thorpe.jpg

Last edited:

Timberwolf22

So the December gun show is now twice the size at the Oaks Expo center. We expected to have to wait till March 2014 to bring our Military Vehicles inside at the events but it looks like we will have that opportunity in 2013 AND 2014.

Sounds like a plan to me........

Jakelc15

I wish I could make it up to philly but it's just a little too far to go in the winter. Any talk of snow and I'll be at work. I'll probably be at Gettysburg and maybe carlisle. Any military displays other than at Oaks?

Timberwolf22

Good question about the other Eagle Arms shows but most of the other venues are either to small or lack the facilities to let us place our MV indoors at the shows. We once incorporated my M35a3 into our display at the Reading Expo center but that venue is no longer on the 2014 schedule.... rumor is the building was sold.

So just The Oaks Expo Center for now.

keep in mind that the larger Firearms and Military show is not till March 2014...... less weather to deal with by then ....

MadCat2

Oaks Gun + Military Vehicle show in Philadelphia coming up Dec 20, 21 and 22. Santas helpers will be with us again, so make sure you stop in and say hi!
We always seem to sell a lot of ammo cans w them around- dont know why.
IMG950785.jpg

PaFarmer

Sounds like a good event. I will plan to make it Friday or Sunday. When it comes to surplus, I am generally a buyer not a seller.

MadCat2

The event is hoping to draw in the military vehicle and surplus crowd for in an indoor event, that just keeps on growing. We will be there w my M936 and my brothers M35A3, Eastern Surplus said they will be bringing a few toys and w all the gear at the show it should be a huge event!

MadCat2

Make sure you stop in and say hi! we will have both of our trucks set up inside. This is the largest gun show ever at this location, and a huge opportunity for our hobby to be seen by thousands! See you there!