• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

obsessed and need input

akparker0369

I'm finally ready to pick up a deuce! Wanted one for what seems like forever and as soon as I return from my current deployment I'll be in the market, want to know what you guys think a reasonable price would be for the following:

Bobbed A2, 49-53" tires, with winch, LDS/whistler, a GOOD fresh paint job (not a halfa$$ 50 yarder) with no mechanical issues or rust.

I know I could potentially save a ton af cash if I picked up an A2 and did the build myself and as much as I would like to think I had the skills necessary, I probably don't. I definately don't have much down time or the equipment / space necessary to do it right, so what do you guys think is reasonable and if you don't mind, what did you guys have to cough up for yours?

Any thoughts on companies like C&C/ memphis Equipment?

Thanks for any input and I love this site!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the madness.

Thanks for you service.

C&C is a member here and he builds quality trucks. I don't beleive Memphis does bobbing. I have never checked.

Look to spend around the $10K mark for a top quality unit. There are cheaper one to be had all day long.

Remember that these trucks are 40+ years old. There will be issues with all of them. Just some are worst than others. They do not come with warranties.

akparker0369

Thanks and I figure some level wrenching is going to be pretty constant on these trucks, don't mind that at all, I just don't want to buy something I am immediately going to have to tear into.

My projects tend to snowball to the absolute limit of my finances and beyond, another reason I am looking for one that is pretty much how I want it.