• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2010 SS Ga Rally Info thread

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Although 99% of my loads are for the military, I have been out of the military since 95. I got a lot of cards from the school and a couple from parents. I flew back to Tn this afternoon. I'm staying with my aunt till I'm good enough to be staying on my own witch will be soon. DR said maby 2 weeks i can get back to work. My vac time i took for the rally was approved long ago so supervisor said will pry get to go if I'm well enough. ( did a little begging).[thumbzup] My cracked ribs might still be a little sore by then so I wont be jumping up and down and running thru the woods but ill do what I can.

Tigger...you did a noble deed and saved some young lives...and I salute you Sir and the Marine that helped you!!

Now...it appears that you may be "old stock" if that's you in your avatar. (not as old as Wreckeman though...nobody is).
So...you got out in 1995...I retired in 1992...so from one old fart to another...here's my advice:

DON'T LISTEN TO THEM FRIGGIN DOCTORS!!! THEY WILL KILL YA IF YA LET EM!!!!!!!!

Reach down and grab yerself by the stacking swivel, take a salt tablet, shout a few profanities at the top of yer lungs....

AND THEN COME TO THE GA RALLY!!!!!!!

So us lowly mortals can shake hands with a hero.

God Bless and heal ya Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Oh no that is my dad in the pick he is 74 he helped me go get the truck. Im a meer 39. I know about the DR. s back in 95 being treated for cancer someone goofed and i spent 4 days in a coma, lost most of my memory for ant thing befor 95. My dad was a seebee way back! Below are some picks of me cooking ribs,beens, apple cobbler for the boy scouts at old Butler days.

Attachments

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Good deal....they need to terminate the IDIOT that pulled a school bus full of kids out in front of a commercial vehicle.
I thought I posted it but I guess not! The bus driver was fired and charged with 12 counts of reckless endangerment, one for each kid on the bus. From what i heard from the nurse he said the girls in the back were screaming and distracted him, the girls told the police they screamed because they thought I was going to hit them. I wish i could get the video from my boss but It relay shows how close i came it was within 3 feet of the bus when i went by it. the traffic cam had me at 45 in a 55 that was after i hit the brakes. but my truck ended up on its side and the back of the trailer was 35 feet past the front of the bus. Hitting that soft ditch made for a sudden stop. I had a mark from the seatbelt for 4 days. My fridge witch was on the floor between the seats went Thur the windshield. I'm not shure what all hit me but I know one thing for shure I NEVER WANT TO DO THAT AGAIN!!!!!!!! Have to go to the DR. today and get some test done on my lung. and get my arm x-rayed to see how its healing. May take the cast off and put me in a brace for my wrist. I don't care how strong you think you are but in a wreck that steering wheel is doing what it wants not what you want!!!

zout

Tigger - great news on the safety review board decision - that has to be a relief for your future.

Even if you need to be drawn by horse on a stretcher like in the ole days - ya gotta see what you can do to make it to the Rally.
Then we can sit around the campfire and I will tell ya a story how it feels to go over the side of Cumberland Mountain range near Winding Stairs and Penington Gap area in an 18 wheeler.

Hope to see you at the rally

PB - [thumbzup] on the T shirts

could also have some white T shirts for sale - let all the kids there have crayons and have a design contest with the kids - best drawing wins something - like try on a mini red tutu dress - look like mini me PB rofl

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe we could find an airbrush artists that would come on site and do shirts on demand.

Someone that could look at vehicles and do freehand art and lettering.

Just an idea.
I will have my small vinyl cutter with me so if anyone needs decals made at the rally. I have a jeep to letter after that I can do whatever ya ll need. With this small plotter I can do up to 10.5 tall letters. I have marine and army star packages available for jeeps also.

I was going to try and work with SS and clinto to help out and do some shirts to bring to the rally but because of unforeseen circumstances I did not get a chance to work on a design and submit it for the rally.

Also what about the shower area? Do I need to bring the Base-X tent to set up for shower area? I have not had a chance to make up a frame for it but I will get started on it if its needed let me know!

Bobby

Last edited:

Monica

I thought I posted it but I guess not! The bus driver was fired and charged with 12 counts of reckless endangerment, one for each kid on the bus. ......
I'd have called it 13, one for each child, and one for you! Those tickets on his record should make it hard for the moron to get another job hauling around children. Is it enough for him to loose his license? Either way, glad he's fired, and you're not.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tigger - great news on the safety review board decision - that has to be a relief for your future.

Even if you need to be drawn by horse on a stretcher like in the ole days - ya gotta see what you can do to make it to the Rally.
Then we can sit around the campfire and I will tell ya a story how it feels to go over the side of Cumberland Mountain range near Winding Stairs and Penington Gap area in an 18 wheeler.

could also have some white T shirts for sale - let all the kids there have crayons and have a design contest with the kids - best drawing wins something - like try on a mini red tutu dress - look like mini me PB rofl

If yall think this would be a good idea for the kids I can donate some or all the white shirts! I think this would be a cool idea for the kids! How many kids are usually at the rally?

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I'd have called it 13, one for each child, and one for you! Those tickets on his record should make it hard for the moron to get another job hauling around children. Is it enough for him to loose his license? Either way, glad he's fired, and you're not.
He has a court date pending about loosing his CDL. I was told but cant confirm he has been in some trouble before. His court date is set for Nov. and I have to be there too as a witness.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Just got back from the DR. and I'm cleared to return to work on wed. the 6th have a apt with the DOT DR. on tue to reinstate my medical card. and the boss said I can get to the rally.rofl so I already took wed-sat vac time so hopefully that is when i will get there. looking forward to meeting all of you! and i was reading that on fri oct 22nd there will be a meteor shower from the ORIONIDS meteor, it sayes it will make green streaks accost the atmosphere. so that will be something to watch for on fri. Swift has replaced the truck that was wrecked and it is in VA getting outfitted with all the gov. crap i need for my job. and I'm going to get a letter of commendation from THE DEPT. OF DEFENSE, For heroic actions in risking my live in the avoidance of hitting a school bus that was illegally stop. not shore what the exact wording will be but something to that nature. WED when they fly me to VA to pick up the truck i will get the letter. And im being taken to lunch by the safety guy from Homeland security, my safety supervise, and some one from the Army trans. unite I guess they are all glad I didn't hit that bus and cause something for the news to talk about. if I remember i will bring some of the letters i got from the kids from the school. some of them are just great. the one girl drew a pick of me driving with a halo on my head. lol

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial

A few years back i saw a RV, go off Donner pass in Ca. IT took 2 days for rescuers to get the bodies out. :sad:

zout

Lot of folk here have driven the big rigs nationwide here - you can pretty much tell who they are. And most all of them as well have seen more than what they wanted to from that experience.

But then again if nothing ever happened - you would not be experienced I guess. I've seen a lot of them kind as well.

Really glad to see you get some time to head down to the Rally - will see you there.
Donner - Wolf Creek Pass western side - Jasper - Snowshoe - Salt River Canyon down by Globe AZ - crap even 9 mile hill in NM.

poppop

Tigger, I believe that girl drew a picture of exactly what she saw when you whised passed that bus. You had company on that ride my friend, and it was visible to those lucky ones on the bus you saved. I look forward to shaking you hand at the Rally. Glad you will be able to make it.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
If yall think this would be a good idea for the kids I can donate some or all the white shirts! I think this would be a cool idea for the kids! How many kids are usually at the rally?

I think it's a VERY good idea.:jumpin: I love kids and the really wacky things they do!!!
I don't think I would bring more than 10 white t-shirts for the kids...and I hope I'm wrong...then we just go get some more if needed!!:smile:

See...that's what makes things work in America...and on this site...If everyone does just a little...then no one has to do it all....and the end result comes out better[thumbzup]

Clinto has some help this year as he asked early on for some "minions" and they stepped up to do different things.

I betcha anything we are able to do will be greatly appreciated and ease the load on Clinto and his staff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks