• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2014 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR14 thread

zout

I am with Ferro - I would just as soon eat 7 bars of soap than eat one boiled peanut - roasted peanuts I will chomp on all day long. To make it simple - I would just as soon poke my eyes out with pencils than eat a boiled peanut. Cheers to those that chomp them down - better folks than I am is all I can say. (even Crown cannot wash the disgust out of my mouth from a boiled peanut)

zout

Southern Folk only made it a joke to see how many folk they could convince into eating boiled peanuts - did ya not ever watch Crocodile Dundee when the Aborigine were eating lizard and snakes to the guests - then they hauled out the steaks

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wheelspinner, if you decide to go out of ATL I have space in the motor pool. 35 min from the airport, 3 min off 85. I'm sure I could also get you to the airport. Fares out of ATL will be much better than GSP.
OK, Andy you're on! I changed my flight to a Sunday am departure from ATL.

andy3

Just tell the northern folks to close their eyes and boiled peanuts taste like canned black olives.

Wheelspinner, happy to assist. PM me back or call tomorrow.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, it's official. I will be able to add at least a few minutes of aerial video and some pics. I have a Phantom to use for the event. Granted it's not the super highest tech one with a gimbal but should be satisfactory for aerial photos of the field for planning and hopefully at least a little trail video.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a few questions.

Do the cabins have fire pits? If so, do the fire pits have grates over them that you can set a cast iron pan on? (wondering if I should bring a cast iron dutch oven)
Do the cabins have an outdoor picnic table?
Do I need to bring my 10x10 canopy to provide additional cover?
What is the latest time I can check in on Wednesday?

Thanks! :)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The cabins do have a small fire pit...at least mine does. I've never seen any grates though....basically just some rocks in a circle. There is a picnic table at my cabin but I don't think all of them have one.

By the way...if you don't already have a cabin reserved you better call quick...I betcha they are all taken.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well gang, I just got word that the grand poo-bah is in the hospital with a mild stroke. Will advise as I hear news, right now he is having vision issues and thats it.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well gang, I just got word that the grand poo-bah is in the hospital with a mild stroke. Will advise as I hear news, right now he is having vision issues and thats it.
You mean SWB???
CODENAMES are inherently CRYPTIC and do not help the rest of us know to whom you are referring.

PLEASE DECODE at your earliest opportunity.

Thank you.
John