• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2014 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR14 thread

sandcobra164

If some of you could toss your uneaten food into a container that is not in the sun I'll have stuff to eat like last year when I get there. Even them fresh left over's from snipes were good last year - still tried to figure out if some were maggots or really small wiggly potatoes ?
I really wish that you were not on such a compressed schedule this year. Please try to convince Mrs. Deb to come down and do Smore's with Lee and the boy's by the big fire on Saturday night. I'm sure I have cabin space that ya'll can sleep in as I rented out Kay's Keep which is right outside the RV campground. You know the number and I hope you call.

Blythewoodjoe

Good evening all,
I am rounding up all the stuff I need to "camp" at the rally. I have reserved spot "B2" at the rally field. It is supposed to have a concrete pad, water and power. Does anyone know what the plug looks like? I need to make sure I have a way to plug into it. I plan to arrive Friday afternoon and set up my camper/M101/rust bucket in the spot. My daughter Logan and I will be there until Sunday morning. My wife had enough of the ruffin' it last year and will be enjoying a quiet weekend alone. I spent all my fuel money and spending money getting the Burma jeeps from Athens a few weeks ago, so I will be going cheap this year. I can't afford to drive a 5 ton so we will be in the M866. 2/3 the fuel, 3/2 the speed. Plus it has a nice CD player and toilet. Nothing to sell so we will be playing the entire time. Might talk prissy into a few trail rides. I learned not to say "I hope that deuce in front of us doesn't stall and roll back onto our hood". She didn't care to trail ride after that.

Joe

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well we can't have her nervous about that she can go on a trail ride in my 5 ton nuffin going to roll over my hood.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am one step closer to getting my list done for the Ga rally. Installed the 900 series tank on the M814 today, with new fuel line. All that is left is to bend the final connection(ran out of time today), and transfer the 40 gallons of fuel from the old tank to the new.Still have to buy the food for the rally, and a ton of other things, but at least I have this monkey off my back. As you can see, the wife runs a mean battery impact gun.IMGP0148.jpgIMGP0149.jpgIMGP0150.jpgIMGP0152.jpg

Attachments

poppop

I just got some really good news. My friend Bob whom many of you know and have met at the Rally has been battling Prostate cancer for seven years. He has been on Chemo for several months now and did not think he would be able to come this year. He just got home from Mayo in Minnesota and his numbers are down from 72 to 16. No more Chemo and he is coming to the Rally for at least two nights. Praise the Lord!!!!!!!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Meant to ask this question about the weapon policy.

Tasers ok? Just trying to decide which cane to bring.
Whatever your state law and licensing allows is your right. However we'd rather not have people OC'ing every where like it's the wild west.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Whatever your state law and licensing allows is your right. However we'd rather not have people OC'ing every where like it's the wild west.
Correct me if I'm wrong...but I believe it was decided that open carry will not be allowed?? I for one am against it.
I won't say any CAMO member won't be armed or that there won't be a firearm...or twenty readily available if needed in the CAMO AO, but they will not be seen....or played with.

I can't think of a single good reason for open carry but I can think of several reasons not to...

ke5eua

No I understand. I'll bring both with me and lock up the one that shocks when I get there.

I like the added security when at truck stops at night, I'm not as springy as I use to be.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Correct me if I'm wrong...but I believe it was decided that open carry will not be allowed?? I for one am against it.
I won't say any CAMO member won't be armed or that there won't be a firearm...or twenty readily available if needed in the CAMO AO, but they will not be seen....or played with.

I can't think of a single good reason for open carry but I can think of several reasons not to...
As a firm believer in the 2nd, I can't honestly tell someone they can't invoke their rights. But I can say that OCing isn't inline with the image we want the group to display to the public.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
As a firm believer in the 2nd, I can't honestly tell someone they can't invoke their rights. But I can say that OCing isn't inline with the image we want the group to display to the public.
You know me boss...and NO ONE supports the 2nd any more than I do but this is designed to be a family friendly gathering. I have no official status here but at the CAMO Camp there will be NO open carry, including visitors...period. Wyatt Earp will make ya check them in at the entrance.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Ok I didn't mean to stir up anything. Didn't expect my cane to be considered OCing. I'll leave it at home instead.
Hey Brother, bring your cane, taser, uzi, M1 tank, atomic bomb....whatever you want to bring. All I'm asking is that folks don't walk around flashing and playing with weapons.
I've seen what they can do and I suspect you have. This ain't the place for that.

I've said my peace...now let's move along.:beer:

Last edited:

RAYZER

Hey Brother, bring your cane, taser, uzi, M1 tank, atomic bomb....whatever you want to bring. All I'm asking is that folks don't walk around flashing and playing with weapons.
I've seen what they can do and I suspect you have. This ain't the place for that.

I've said my piece...now let's move along.:beer:
Ya, I've seen some OC at one of the past Ga Rallys, it just didn't feel right.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks