• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2014 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR14 thread

zout

Just so there is no mis-undestanding - all ya early arrivers SUCK.

With the new change in life work - and wishing I could have been there with ya all SUCKS. Now I know how it feels to come as a late arriver.
Just be sure to catch all the rattle snakes in the field before I get there that might slither up into your sleeping bag or tent to keep warm at night. Last time I saw someone pulled a 4 footer out of theirs by the fishing pond in the field.

Just a friendly reminder - if your standing by the bon fire - rattle snakes will not get any closer than 10 ft away - so be sure to stand at least 20 ft away from the fire.

Last edited:

TMNT

The clock is down to 39 hours for me. The truck is loaded and serviced. All I need to do now is load up the firewood, dump some ice in the cooler and go. My target departure time is 1000 Monday morning and an arrival at 1400, including a brief stop in Conyers to meet up with friend.

amgeneral72

I'm not seeing any room for the siren.

I got the truck running and purring like a kitten. Well a kitten with a little instinctive.

I might be a day late, but I should be there, crossing my fingers. Wife willing, lol
Don't worry. You get it here and Ill make room. Even if we have to tie it on top.

Siren 1.jpg

joeM62

I plan on leaving out early Thursday morning to get on I-20 to head straight to the rally if anybody wants to convoy together if not see yah at the rally

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
We'll be leaving around 5 Tuesday to allow the traffic to abate in Hotlanta. We usually spend the night at the Flying J truckstop at Exit 38 and arrive at the rally early Wed. morning. The circus wagon is about 70 percent loaded.

Jeepsinker

Got my turn signals workin again and painted the dash while it was out. Had to rewire the entire turn signal circuit under the dash, on the steering column, and under hood. About to paint the gauge cluster before it goes back in.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Having a cold rather than a FEVER now flying in is a good luck sign in your favor.
Did get that joke but the cold came back with a vengeance. Writing this with popping ears, stuffed nose and every now and then coughing my lungs out. If I could drive the 5,000 miles from here to there, I would be on my way already. Flying: don't think so. I don't want to sit like that in an airplane and I think the companies and the other passengers feel likewise. Monday flight is definitely out.

RAYZER

Pulling out and on my way around noon today!
I'll be running solo this trip and my itinerary is: traveling from central Fl, I- 95 n to Savanah Ga, stop and spend the night at a truck stop,
Then up and on the road early Monday morning traveling I-16 w to us1n to 24 to 177 to 12 to 44, should arrive at Durhamtown by mid afternoon on Mon.
See you guys soon!uploadfromtaptalk1412506779188.jpg

Last edited:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Arriving Tuesday October 7 at 14:50 at Atlanta Airport, flight Lufthansa 444, terminal 1

:cookoo: :mrgreen: :jumpin: :papabear::lol:rofl:clinto::naner:

Fellow mafiosi, any chance on a quick ride to the LZ

Last edited:

zout

By the time your arriving in Atl - I will be departing Atl on Sprint airlines two hours before you get here & in TX till Thur morning. IF you camp in the airport till THur noon you can ride out with me. HEY - other folks do it all the time.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
By the time your arriving in Atl - I will be departing Atl on Sprint airlines two hours before you get here & in TX till Thur morning. IF you camp in the airport till THur noon you can ride out with me. HEY - other folks do it all the time.
Sorry mate, no can do.

Olga has no time tonight and I declined to go tonight to the airport (original plan before the cold hit) and sleep on the ground there because its too #$%$#@ at least in Prague. Don't know about Atlanta, but Prague sucks for that. So Monday night we will drive at 02:00 PM from Trebon to get to the airport at 04 for 06 departure (same flight one day later). Olga should be home back home in bed by the time I depart. I will save some of the goodies from the Czech Republic for you.