• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2014 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR14 thread

Jeepsinker

Oooh oooh! Duty free cigars! Man, don't do too much coughing and sneezing on the plane, they might think you have Ebola and detain you! Ahh, who am I kidding, they would just let you through anyway....

poppop

My Wife is having some eye surgery done Wednesday and is not planning on coming up this year because she is concerned about the dust. What are the conditions there, is it dry and dusty?? Do you know if durhamtown has a race on the track close to us anytime we will be there. One year the dust was terrible on Saturday when they were racing.

Stonepicker1

My daughter is flying in from Maryland on Tuesday, we will be pulling out of south Florida on Wed morning.

I will be loading the gooseneck trailer on Tuesday morning. Pulling it with the CUCV-II crew cab.

Not sure if I will bring the CUCV dually or not.

zout

Lloyd - you should be able to get on DT web site and check race and events schedule - they usually post them up. I cannot remember the track name that has the Red Barn on it right by us but that is the one your looking for.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Lloyd - you should be able to get on DT web site and check race and events schedule - they usually post them up. I cannot remember the track name that has the Red Barn on it right by us but that is the one your looking for.
I think that's the "Bomber Track".

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
My Wife is having some eye surgery done Wednesday and is not planning on coming up this year because she is concerned about the dust. What are the conditions there, is it dry and dusty?? Do you know if durhamtown has a race on the track close to us anytime we will be there. One year the dust was terrible on Saturday when they were racing.
I don't think it's going to be dusty. mdmorgan was there yesterday and said the field is wet and muddy.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any more arrivals? Need to know who's in place for registrations. Should departing here at 0900 with a short stop in West Melbourne to pick up an LME. No clue on arrival time.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm pulling out Wednesday morning at about 0130 or so. I hope to make it to Durhamtown by a little after noon on Wednesday.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, not only cool to see, it could sleep 2 in the back as well!

poppop

Bring it PB, I would love to look at Dave's work up close.

My trucks are checked and fueled, most supplies loaded in the M813 camper, still have to load tools and spare tires and will be ready to roll. Bob was over this afternoon and we finished plans for his pickup camper and he is coming with Andy and I Wednesday. I will call Andy tonight and finish plans with him. We will pull out around 11:00 Wednesday morning and will be in Durhamtown around Three.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Loading the M37 now, and will be heading out early (5am-ish) should be at D town around 8am. Just need to swing into a fuel stop to top off the M37 and cans and some ice.:tinkerbell:

See everyone soon!
[thumbzup]

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You Guy's are killing me wish I could arrive so early.
Butch and I will roll out Thursday morning.

RAYZER

At the T&A truck stop in Richmond hill on i 95 and costal highway, spending the night. About 200 miles to go, running on a blown head gasket since before Jacksonville, it's making a huge mess! I'm pretty sure I'll make it there.
Anyone have a multifuel topend gasket set?

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just got home from3 days at the KAMO rally in OK, kissed wife, showered, went to the barn to load truck, back home for supper,another shower then leave tomorrow and hope to be there Tues eve.