• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2014 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR14 thread

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Walking is not an option unless you want to use your whole holiday doing it. ;-)

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I finally cleared the customs and standing in the arrival area. Anybody passing through atlanta around this time or any idea how to get to durham WITHOUT wheels?

Going for a coffee first. Phone number to the GA Mafia would be nice

I have contacted the Rally and am looking at some other options. Stand by. The Mafia can not post phone numbers on a public site. Then we would not be the Mafia :)

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I actaully mentioned it in a few post that I did not have a clue and was hoping somebody would pass by here around this time. Should have shouted harder. I will move to the domestic terminal and check out shuttle busses. I will see if any of them gets close to greensboro (augusta shuttle). Please leave a phone number so I can call. My number is +420724132180. Not sure if in the US the + means 0 or 00.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I actaully mentioned it in a few post that I did not have a clue and was hoping somebody would pass by here around this time. Should have shouted harder. I will move to the domestic terminal and check out shuttle busses. I will see if any of them gets close to greensboro (augusta shuttle). Please leave a phone number so I can call. My number is +420724132180. Not sure if in the US the + means 0 or 00.
Get into domestic baggage pickup and standby, we are working on a plan. I am PM'ing you my phone number.

There are no buses that go near Durhamtown. This is not Europe, we have the worse public transportation.

Last edited:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am in baggage reclaim in domestic. In about 10 minutes a shuttle to augusta leaves that could drop me off at greensboro, would that mAke things easier? I have zour number will call

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
We are exfiltrating Base Camp Akenback Acres in about ten mikes. Should be passing through Hotlanta around 8 pm GA time. The boss lady is in the Dakota so she can take one passenger. Swiss has my number and can call me. Driving through the airport in the circus wagon is not an option but if someone can get Robo to the east side of I-285 on I-20 (two or three exits past would be good) we can effect an extraction and deliver him to FOB Tigger.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am in baggage reclaim in domestic. In about 10 minutes a shuttle to augusta leaves that could drop me off at greensboro, would that mAke things easier? I have zour number will call
Yes are you sure this is Greensboro GA down I 20 heading east?

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its the greensboro a bit north of the highway atlanta-augusta. If you dont hear from me by posting i will be on the bus

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its the greensboro a bit north of the highway atlanta-augusta. If you dont hear from me by posting i will be on the bus

That is good, standing by for your call back after a short call with you. Still waiting to hear from the Rally folks.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay Robo is getting on a shuttle to Greenesboro GA, SteveoooooooooooooB our CO is coordinating with me a ride once Robo gets to Greenesboro.

He is expected to arrive at 17:45 and will be picked up by someone at the Rally currently! It took some work but we have a plan and it is coming together.

Thanks everyone who was helping me coordinate.

Rmtaunton

Hmmm anybody have ramps , or is there a ledge big enough somewhere to get jeep out of the back of the deuce , a friend is going to use my trailer which has the front ramps to tow his down , but I'll be there tommorow hopefully about 3 or 4 and he is coming Friday ?

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmmm anybody have ramps , or is there a ledge big enough somewhere to get jeep out of the back of the deuce , a friend is going to use my trailer which has the front ramps to tow his down , but I'll be there tommorow hopefully about 3 or 4 and he is coming Friday ?

Dont not need ramp plenty of large hills to back into

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay tmnt rallied from the rally and got robo!!! Yes love when the GA mafia executes

Happy and tired camper!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412727227.290243.jpg

poppop

Came out for one last check on whats going on. Now to bed and plan to leave by 11:00 and we will be there by 3:00. Look out guys we are on the way!!!!!! Just have to load the boiled peanuts before we leave.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks