• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil cooler drain valve?

50shooter

This is the only one I've ever had. Don't know what it's for. Any ideas as to why it is located on the top and not the bottom?

Thanks
Jason

Attachments

Westech

CPL
That is a sampling valve used to get oil to send in to the jokers the army puts in charge to tell you when you need to change the oil in a truck. Never mind it only has 1200 miles on it but its the same oil it came with from the factory back in 2003.... sorry it brings up bad things when i talk about that S.O.P.

deuceman51

Yup, it's a oil sampling valve for AOAP or Army Oil Anaylsis Program. It isn't just used for telling you when to change your oil. Our results detect antifreeze(cracked block ect) Copper(bad bearings), fuel(bad rings) and all other things that are going wrong inside the motor. It is actually a really good preventative maintenance tool we use. That's what I get to do at our next guard drill, lol.