• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Cooler Line Location

cjkeeliii

I was wondering if someone could help me figure out which engine oil cooler line hooks to which engine oil cooler pipe. I've looked at the -20TM, but it's not totally clear. It appears that the lowest connection next to theoil filter would cause the rubber line to route across the left fender so that it hooks into the uppermost pipe that goes behind the radiator. Any help is greatly appreciated.

cjkeeliii

thanks guys. westech the diagram looks like the lowest fitting next to the oil filter routes the oil cooler line to the upper aluminum pipe that comes away from the radiator. But like you said, it seems like that hookp wold be backwards.

Wolf.Dose

The engine oil lines to the oil cooler are custom made for the Army by Michelin. New ones are difficult to get. If in trouble, ask your hydraulic shop for help. They have the possibility to make pipes and Hoses and supply addaptor fittings, for on the radiator alu pipes the fittings are no standard stuff according ISO / SAE.
Hope this helps.
Wolf

southdave

what I did for the radiator connection, I cut exsisting al. line about 2-1/2" and installed two hose clamps.
The engine end of thing I left the exsisting feral and attached 1/2 AN nipple fitting and zip tied the whole mess

southdave

I like that. Its cheap, easy, and probably just as good.
I think it was about 50-60 bucks for everything the hose is expensive 45 bucks for 20ft I used that 350 psi & 300degree crap. the tranny same sort of thing, I used some GL aquired 3/8 Hyd hose and nipples from the hardware store..
I also added coolers to each systems ( junkyard aquired for 20 bucks for four) to make up the whatever cooling obtian from the metal lines. FYI I got 700r4 and turbo on mine

Last edited: