• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OMG not a nother bobber.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still trying to figure what type of bed to put on it but it will be different if I can help it. 53's of course and she has a 162" wheel base.

Attachments

A

A/C Cages

Make it a flatbed with a Hiaab crane so you can use it to pick up bigger and better parts for future bigger builds.

Judging from where your springs are, if you use an M105 trailer bed, you're gonna have some space between the cab and bed. Perfect for a spare tire and some 5-gallon jerry cans. A toolbox or two is not a bad idea either. I myself plan to leave about 15 or 18 inches for the afore mentioned accessories and I also plan to tap the air system on the truck and carry a compliment of air tools just in case. Eventually, I'll find a decent size generator and a small wire-feed welder and I'll be able to fix anything anywhere.

Goose2448

Yeah, a small deck in between the cab and bed is great. My work truck has one, its got a compressor(which you dont need), Air Hose Reel, and Soon a genset. Its great for all kinds of things. Use some sort of bed liner to coat everything, so you dont scratch the paint....:jumpin:

phil2968

I may have to go up see this one in person! Lookin' good so far! Cut down a drop side and make the sides removable. I need to make some stake sides for my flat bed.

deuceaid

Banned
Judging from where your springs are, if you use an M105 trailer bed, you're gonna have some space between the cab and bed. Perfect for a spare tire and some 5-gallon jerry cans. A toolbox or two is not a bad idea either. I myself plan to leave about 15 or 18 inches for the afore mentioned accessories and I also plan to tap the air system on the truck and carry a compliment of air tools just in case. Eventually, I'll find a decent size generator and a small wire-feed welder and I'll be able to fix anything anywhere.
Plenty of room, for a roll bar....and a 3rd axle

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Every time I see another bobbed truck thread, this rings in my head, now it can ring in yours too!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmyyZ7Eh3IQ[/media]

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did not want to cut the frame shorter so I tryed this Gen. bed and had to reverse the way it sat to have it come close to looking right. I need a bigger box that is 30 inches to cover the space between the bed and cab. I just through this box to see what it might look like. I need to mount the 53's on some rims and see what it will look like. Also I have to remove the sub frame from the Gen trailer and that will lower it 4 inches.

Attachments