• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Our first parade

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well we made it through our first parade. Had fun .got lots of positive reaction. No problems at all. First gear in low range is the way to go. Everyone loved the horn. We even took Chole.

Neil

Attachments

emr

AWESOME!!! Love to see the trailer in also... :D ...most never do em up like U did, very very nice job on your whole set up!!!...I never seem to get to my trailers, Your post may give me some uhmph, I hope...Randy

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nicely done. 3 of us did the parade here with banners and flags flying. Alamogordo, NM is made up of military retirees or current active duty as well as alot of German military. Therefore many onlookers were at attention as we passed with either hands over the heart or saluting. Made us proud. And I think we made top billing in the parade. Anxious to see todays paper. There was a Nam vet that came over to me with flag in hand and wife in tow prior to the parade starting, and ask if they could ride in the back. I had to get down on one knee to allow his short wife an additional step to reach the tailgate step. A good time was had by all. Oh, and the best part was after the parade this fellow now wants a deuce! Another convert to the green machine.

toddm

Looks great, we had our Fourth of July parade yesterday, lasted a little over an hour and everyone had a good time. I talked with a Vietnam vet for a while and he sure had some interesting stories to tell. He just kept saying as he looked at my truck "boy this sure brings back memories" he was a real treat to talk with. Happy 4th to everyone!

Attachments

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the paper yesterday. Sure enough we made the front page. Of the 3 deuces mine was posted on the front page. Probably due to the very large american flag flying way above the troop racks.

beaubeau

appropriate post for 4th pics???

I thought this would be appropriate to post pics of the 4th, prior to parade.I was alone driving in parade. sorry no pics of parade. Truck runs well and Hit of the parade!! Only MV in parade! Phil

Attachments

Pawnshop

RE: appropriate post for 4th pics???

"I talked with a Vietnam vet for a while and he sure had some interesting stories to tell. He just kept saying as he looked at my truck "boy this sure brings back memories" he was a real treat to talk with."

THAT is one of the rerasons I bought my Deuce, I am not a vet myself. but I love hearing "Ya know, one time in Korea we had one of these.........."

I LOVE the stories, and I LOVE getting the vets to share them.

Pawnshop

I learned that the first time I took my Reising M50 subgun to the gunshow, had a "colorful" conversation with a man who used one in the Border Patrol!

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial

Very nice, Beaubeau! Only one problem...your flags were on the wrong sides of the vehicle. The American flag always goes on the right side! No biggie, now, but you may want to mount them correctly next time. ;)

beaubeau

I thought the flag was OK!!?? I was looking at the Truck as if onlookers would , from the front. Sorry about that Lifer. Thanks for setting me Strait. How did U make with UR Sugar Season this year? Phil

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial

I live in Illinois. We have lots of maple trees, but not the right kind for making syrup. We use corn for that. ;)