• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ouverson axle shaft but no thrust washer?

rancherrob

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I upgraded my front end to Ouverson replacement alloy axle shafts. However, while the original axles have a shoulder milled into them to hold a thrust washers, the new Ouverson's don't have any such thing and so no way to put the thrust washers back on. Has anyone else dealt with this? Can I put them in and run them without a thrust washer? I put two calls into Ouverson over the last two days with no returned call so am hoping some knowledgeable person here can share their wisdom and help me out.
Anticipated Thanks,
Rob

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ran the stock replacements in my mud truck the first year and just put them in as is, no need to add a washer. IIRC the yoke portion is a little longer so it ends where the washer would be on a stock shaft.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks