• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Overland trailer for the M1010 body

Stump Jumper

This summer I'm looking to pull the trigger on "fetching" a couple of M1010 bodies, if I can find em in good condition. I've been putting off my plan to have a couple, each on a trailer (permanently); but I can mange the project this summer, finally.

So, my question now turns to the trailer itself. Anyone recommend a trailer (frame) to fetch an M1010 body? My plan is to drag the trailers to the seller, redneck them up onto the trailers (where they will eventually be permanent) bolt them down enough to drag em home, and finish them in my shop.

But I'm inquiring here first, as I imagine the bolt-pattern and weight distribution has already been headached-out by friends in here already.

Trailer to bolt up my M1010 bodies?
Anyone?

Stump Jumper,
Vermont

chevymike

There is no trailer made that is just going to "bolt up" to the M1010 box. Closest would be to get a Chevy Squarebody longbed frame, then modify it into a trailer. At that point you can mount it to the frame just like the M1010 would have. Outside of that, you're going to have to build most anything else. To just get it home, you likely can use a 5x9 trailer that has side rails. You should be able to put the box on top of those rails and ratchet strap the box to the trailer.

Reactions: 98G