• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Fall 2013 Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally

max1008

Id say meet up at 8. and give 15 min for stragglers or last minute shoppers. Train leaves at 8:15! if your not ready, your driving alone or really fast.

PaFarmer

Northumberland County Bureau of Veterans Affairs has an emergency program to provide assistance to vets who need money for heat, rent or the like. They are to send me some information on the program. My ATV club is working on a benefit ride for the program at the new off road park in Shamokin Northumberland County, Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area (AOAA).

I would like get our group to contribute and hope that we could hold one of our future rallys at AOAA.http://www.anthraciteadventure.com

The park is 6500 acres, with a diverse set of trails, it is more than twice the size of Rausch and located about 1/2 hour north, we could even look to split a weekend next year between the two parks. The park is not open to the public yet, but they have a lot of great plans and could use our support and the support of the community generally.

shenkmen

Northumberland County Bureau of Veterans Affairs has an emergency program to provide assistance to vets who need money for heat, rent or the like. They are to send me some information on the program. My ATV club is working on a benefit ride for the program at the new off road park in Shamokin Northumberland County, Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area (AOAA).

I would like get our group to contribute and hope that we could hold one of our future rallys at AOAA.http://www.anthraciteadventure.com

The park is 6500 acres, with a diverse set of trails, it is more than twice the size of Rausch and located about 1/2 hour north, we could even look to split a weekend next year between the two parks. The park is not open to the public yet, but they have a lot of great plans and could use our support and the support of the community generally.
Set up an ammo can with a sign and headlamp (for night) on it for donations.

Nice trails up there and PaFarmer knows his way around there too.

jsonners

Change in plans.... I will make the Cabela's rendezvous at 8 pm in my bobber with 1 passenger, camping gear, food and some extra firewood!!

looking forward to it!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
2 weeks to go, guys!

Anyone showing up on Friday with plans to wheel? Or is everyone who is showing up on Friday coming in late and only plan on wheeling on Sat. and Sun.? We need to plan someone getting there early and roping off our spot with cones and rope...

daddy2

We plan on getting there Friday morning/ afternoon. Only going riding Saturday and leaving Sunday morning, per wifie. I still plan on bringing plenty of water, but I need to unload the 55 gal before we ride Saturday. So if some guys have smaller water containers I will be more than happy to top them off. We can help with saving some spots also.

datadawg

This is exactly what I've been looking for, after seeing some youtube videos of other SS rallies. Unfortunately, my M923A2 is getting hauled from Sparta TODAY, s/b here tomorrow, but there is no way I'm getting all the titling/registration work completed with PennDOT by next weekend... still don't have the SF97. I'm salivating like a dog now, would love to be a part of the experience. Would it be possible to come Saturday morning and tag along as passenger? I'm happy to contribute a case or two of beer... Would love to stay longer, but have to be back in Philly by 8 pm. What time is the caravan expected to leave for the trail Saturday and how long does the foray last?

PaFarmer

I am sure there are a lot of spare seats. We are rolling at 9am. Come earlier ang get some breakfast.

acesneights1

Considering we all have the same top speed, and drive that top speed on the highway, I don't believe there is a whole lot of room for catch up.
lol...My M1008 can do 75-80 with no issue...
Man reading this I really wanna go. It's a 5 1/2 hour drive though...Probably longer with Traffic etc. If I somehow pull it off it will be a last minute decision. Is there room for a motorhome and my M1008 ?
How many people realistically go to this ?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The LEAST number of people we had at this rally was 5 trucks and 6 guys, but that was the first rally and it was kinda a test run. Since then we regularly get 10-20 trucks and 15-30 people. Big enough for a showing, but small enough to keep it personal.

Less than a week to go!

shenkmen

lol...My M1008 can do 75-80 with no issue...
Man reading this I really wanna go. It's a 5 1/2 hour drive though...Probably longer with Traffic etc. If I somehow pull it off it will be a last minute decision. Is there room for a motorhome and my M1008 ?
How many people realistically go to this ?
Yeah, there's room. Folks drag big stuff up all the time. My last count was 21 former militery trucks and 45 people. It has increased since then and does not include the civil vehicles I am unaware of.

shenkmen

2 weeks to go, guys!

Anyone showing up on Friday with plans to wheel? Or is everyone who is showing up on Friday coming in late and only plan on wheeling on Sat. and Sun.? We need to plan someone getting there early and roping off our spot with cones and rope...
I'm running Saturday only. Last spring part of the group went out again Sunday.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks