• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Spring 2016 Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally

IMG_4945.jpgIMG_4946.jpg
Well, in addition to my transmission mount kicking the bucket, I also found this beauty. Probably the reason the mount broke in the first place. At least I can still change my engine oil. :mrgreen: Easy fix a hammer can't take care of...

cucvrus

You did that oil pan damage at Rausch Creek? In all my years of wheeling a CUCV I have been fortunate to never hit the transmission pan or oil pan. That would lead to an early engine failure. I think when I have my oil pan off I am going to make a skid plate of some type for both the transmission and the engine. Maybe something is available I never looked but I will give my FAB skills a try. But on another note both my axles have some serious stone carvings on the bottom sides. The transmission cross member that I reinforced held up well. I will be sporting new paint on Terminus M1009 for the next off road expo.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, lots of great footage here - you guys look like you had a great time. Sorry I couldn't get off work to attend, hope to see you all next time.

cucvrus

DSCF6744.jpgToday I received a call from the warehousing division and they had a lot more wood. I can store this for the fall jamboree. I was up at Rausch Creek last weekend and all the wood we took up last month was gone. I got the wood covered for the fall. Take care. Have a great summer. I have lots of projects in store.

cybrockway

I absolutely agree with the summer rally... Also, we really need the date for the fall rally so most of us and I can schedule work time off and plan. Would like to see all the guys I met and more.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Lukes_deuce

Hey guys, just wondering if any dates were being discussed. I know with school starting up, there's a lot of plans being made. I would love to schedule this I can make sure I can come. Second half of October works better for me.