• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Painting the M1008

Xs10tial

When I bought my truck in February, it looked like someone had painted the camo on with a mop. It's ugly and scaly. Not to mention the fact that the camper doesn't match. So, at the time, I decided to paint it once the weather got nice, and I was done with the mechanical issues (new lift pump, injector pump, fluids, belts and hoses). So, I went over to the shop, and did a little preliminary sanding and primering. I want to let it sit for a few days to see how the primer holds up in the sun and rain.

I'll continue this thread as the project progresses.

Attachments

Xs10tial

Summer fun means no time for body work. Little by little I've been making progress on my truck, but it's been slow going. I'm almost ready for paint, and thought I'd share a few photos....

Attachments

Xs10tial

Oh by the way, I like the Majic paint. It doesn't need thinning, and covers really really nicely out of the gun. I was a little apprehensive over the $25/gal price tag, but it turned out to be a quality product.

Xs10tial

Bedliner is done. Thanks to a buddy pitching in and helping out with the project. Now to remove the bench seat and line the interior. I need to drill a drain hole and install a rubber grommet cos I'll be hosing it out after coming off the beach, so I'll dump some water in after the liner dries, and find the lowest point.

Attachments

Xs10tial

I think I'm going to spray tan over the liner. In hindsight, black was probably not the best color choice for 90+ degree days on the beach. Lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks