• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Percent of rated current

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could someone help this old timer get to the bottom of why my percent of rated current gauge isn’t registering
You mean the voltage gauge in the upper cluster? Do you have a 24 volt system still? 2 alternators etc...if so I assume the starter is still 24 volt...if that works you can check the plug that comes out of the gauge for 24 volts...if you have that there a resistor on the back of the guage is probably burned out. If I remember right it is a 300 ohm. Use a multimeter on the plug of the guage don't use the body as a ground.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

LIFEISGOOD

You mean the voltage gauge in the upper cluster? Do you have a 24 volt system still? 2 alternators etc...if so I assume the starter is still 24 volt...if that works you can check the plug that comes out of the gauge for 24 volts...if you have that there a resistor on the back of the guage is probably burned out. If I remember right it is a 300 ohm. Use a multimeter on the plug of the guage don't use the body as a ground.

Yes it is in the top cluster, left of “Percent Power“ gauge
this unit is an 804A seems to run quite well and have load banked it on a diy load bank made of 120v and 230v water heater elements at 100 percent reading on the percent power gauge but percent rated current gauge doesn’t budge. I replaced the gauge hoping that’s all it would be but I was wrong

LIFEISGOOD

this unit is an 804A seems to run quite well and have load banked it on a diy load bank made of 120v and 230v water heater elements at 100 percent reading on the percent power gauge but percent rated current gauge doesn’t budge. I replaced the gauge hoping that’s all it would be but I was wrong
And yes it is 24volt system

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry I thought I was in the cucv section! Phone doesn't show it to easy. Disregard.

Ray70

Do you have the TM's for your machine?
I may be mistaken, but I think ( like the 004-007, it may only function when paralleling 2 units together.
% power works in standalone and % Current in parallel.... perhaps, but the TM will tell you for sure.

LIFEISGOOD

Do you have the TM's for your machine?
I may be mistaken, but I think ( like the 004-007, it may only function when paralleling 2 units together.
% power works in standalone and % Current in parallel.... perhaps, but the TM will tell you for sure.
I ll see if I can track down the TM for this and I appreciate all you gents pointing me in the right direction It never dawned on me that this could be related to the pairing of two units Thank You

LIFEISGOOD

6. Ammeter (PERCENT RATED CURRENT) Indicates generator set load current as a percent of rated current.

And yes, under load it should work.
I appreciate the help youve provided and I have scoured through the TM’s until my eyes hurt but I can’t seem to find any way of checking the function or a fault leading to no meter reading