• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Duvall, WA car show. Mil vehicles wanted. June 2

JH1

I'm new to this board and want to announce a huge classic car show in Duvall, WA on June 2. They are asking for military vehicles. There will be trophies and our own category. The event is to support prostate cancer research. Entry donation is $20. Last year there were 240 cars there. It pretty much fills up the lot in front of the Safeway store, who is sponsoring it.

See the official poster at: Big Rock Classic Car Show - at The Big Rock in Duvall

Pictures from last year are at:
5th Annual Big Rock Classic Car Show album | Roger Jones | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

We will have our own display area within the event, on the grass. Midway through the event, anyone who wants to can break out and join the Duvall Days parade down main street and then come back to the car show. A couple of us were there last year and were warmly received. They really hope to get a bunch of military vehicles of all types and eras. They are asking people to sign up online if possible, so that they can plan the layout better. If you can't sign up online, you can just show up. Best to be in place by 9am to avoid crowd congestion.
Any questions; PM me or just reply in this thread. Hope to see you there.
Jim in Duvall

JH1

Thanks, gents. I'm looking forward to meeting some SS folks. I met one of the SS people at Arlington, last year. He had a 5T wrecker with the boom up in the air. Cool ride. His name escapes me.
Jim in Duvall

REDROCKET

Hey Jim!

I'm pretty new here myself. Thanks for the info on Duvall! I have a Ural. It's not old but it always draws a crowd!! Even more so when I wear the WWII uniform. I love doing stuff like this (and I LOVE Duvall!!). I can't open the link here (at work) but I'll FWD: it home and check it out there. If motorbikes are welcome I'll be more than happy to sign up!

Tracy

JH1

Dang straight, you're welcome with the bike! Love to have you come up for that. We have a special area on the grass, directly on the south side of the Safeway. You won't be able to miss us. I'd love to go for a ride in the side car, too. Welcome aboard!
Jim

REDROCKET

The show in Duvall was awesome! Lots of great cars, trucks and even a few military vehicles (NEXT YEAR there needs to be MORE military vehicles though). WARCAT even won a trophy. :oops: It only rained for about 2 hours so no big deal. Nothing we're not used to already. Got to meet some really cool people, too. Now I'm super excited for Arlington later this year.

Thanks for bringing the Abbot Jim!! I know my buddy Erich was ecstatic that he won the raffle for the ride. You probably made his year. It was also very nice to meet you. And I PROMISE that you'll get a sidecar ride next time!!

I hope to be a part of this event next year as well.

JH1

Thanks for coming so far to be a part of it, Redrocket! Very nice to meet you, too. Enjoyed meeting Erich very much. Loved seeing the Ural side hacks. Now I may have to buy one. Very cool, indeed. The show chairman is going to send me links to pictures people took there and I'll share them here. They want to really push for more military vehicles this next year. I'd like to include the Friends of Willy and Joe reenactors, too. We got there too late for the parade but Erich and my friend Nick went along when we buzzed into town and back. You shoulda seen the surprised faces... I put Erich to work as a human turn signal, sitting on the back of the 105 barrel signaling turns.

I certainly will take you up on the offer of the Ural ride. Watch for pictures here shortly.
Jim

JH1

Here are a few pictures from the car show in Duvall on June 2. It was a fund raiser for prostate cancer research and it raised a bunch of money, like about 6 grand. They raffled off a ride in the "tank" (it's not a tank. It's a self propelled gun.) and raised over $300. We got out on the highway and just headed north into town for a mile or two worth of a ride down main street. Got a few raised eyebrows...

We have Zac's new deuce, Tracy's Ural, Jim's ambulance, Nick's M37, and our Abbot. Gobs of fun.
Jim

Attachments

jets1959

Very cool!!!! Glad everyone had fun and raised some money for a good cause!!!! Sorry I don't know any of my fellow members who attended. Would have gone, but had to work. The M1010 looks unmodified. It is my next dream MV. Thank again everyone!!!!!:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks