• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Poll - What Directional Switch do you have?

What Directional Switch do you have?

• Total voters

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
C, but it had some minor issues with the cancelling lever, so I pulled it out and treat it the same as A or B

springer1981

C, but it had some minor issues with the cancelling lever, so I pulled it out and treat it the same as A or B
This is kind of a learning question for me. So far I believe A is Early style. C is late style with cancelling. B also has cancelling but I'm not sure it was used in HMMWV's. Seems too short and I assume all HMWV's have a mount and would not need the hose clamp type mount. I have some minor clearance issues on my shortened steering column and have type B on the way to see if I can solve my issue. I think the only other person that selected B really has C based on the pictures posted.

springer1981

If you look at the "NARTRON" logo on mine it matches B and not C in post #3
Ok, so I have version A on my truck and purchased version B. It was just delivered a few minutes ago and now that I have it in hand I see that my picture B is not the complete unit. I am pretty sure version B did not come on HMMWV's. It mounts using a adapter and the hose clamp. The version C mounts using 4 screws much like version A. When I saw yours mounted using screws and not the hose clamp that is why I said yours looks like version C. The actual part numbers and writing or logos wasn't what I was using to identify the different versions. The labels probably vary by age.

Now that I purchased this one and have seen yours, I know I have the wrong one and still need to buy one.

Thanks for replying and posting the pictures. They help a lot.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are going to love me, I was going to vote on 2 X A because I have two M998s. LOL will not count that.
NO big deal, I never meant for you to have to go back and change anything... I'm sorry for stirring the pot!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks