• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pre / Post Lubrication System...Done.

littlebob

Anybody know if there was a blank boss on the block somewhere that could be drilled and put a pickup tube down through the block into the oil pan. I think I remember seeing a possible on mine, just too late to go look. I would be really scared to have something protruding off the bottom for any off road duty. I would definitely consider doing something similar in the future.

littlebob

plym49

I guess that another option, as you mentioned in the first post, is to add the pickup line to the drain plug. Then the whole setup is easily reversible.

Nice job BTW; I especially like the logic you designed into the control unit.

plym49

Perhaps an additional control modification would be to add a shutdown circuit to run the pump after you kill the engine. This would kepe the turbo bearings cool and reduce or eliminate the need to idle the motor for 5 minutes before shutting it down.

Heath_h49008

Perhaps an additional control modification would be to add a shutdown circuit to run the pump after you kill the engine. This would kepe the turbo bearings cool and reduce or eliminate the need to idle the motor for 5 minutes before shutting it down.

Check the description again, he did that too.

Think about a dump valve "t" and just run a line out for oil changes. No need to crawl under the truck at all... heck, just run it into the fuel tank directly!

That could be a quick way to build one for a car as well. Might try a smaller motor though... Hmmm

andytk5

Just trying to figure out how the oil lines connect to the pump. I know one is threaded so you can make up parts for that. The other I am lost on.

rtbcoop

For those of you looking to do something like this, I found a good place to buy pumps. Go to the Reverso website and look at their used pumps category. You can buy their 311 for $114. It's 24v, self priming, does 3 gmp, and can push 22 psi. I just bought one for my deuce and am working on the timing circuit right now. I'll post the whole build up when it is done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks