• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Preparing My Truck for Classic Plates

Michael

I also just noticed you have an industrial lot in the background. I would move it somewhere else, like your house or a grass field to retake the picture. Whoever looked at the picture probably thinks you are commercial and just trying to beat the state out of tax money.

Coal Cracker

Hello all,

I just picked up my classic plate paperwork from the Notary. The DMV rejected my application because of the scratches on the front bumper, and said that my paint has a "blue tint" to it.

I admit the paint is somewhat faded, but I didnt think it was THAT bad. Anyway, I have a few questions.

I did some searching on here but couldnt find the direct answer to the questions I have.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1) I bought 12 cans of spray CARC (383 Green & Brown, 911 Flat Black) from Rapco Parts. Anyone have any experience with this paint in the rattle cans? Quality? Durability?

2) Is it possible/practical for me to tape off each section of the cammo pattern and "freshen the paint" with a few coats ?

3) How will the CARC adhere to the paint thats already on the truck?

4) Any other painting tips would be greatly appreciated. I am in somewhat of a hurry to get this project over so that I can re-apply for my classic plate in order to enjoy the truck this summer.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Piece of advice, use a polaroid camera, and if you can't , use a digital and turn down the quality all the way, stand back 20 ft. of so, and wallah. don't try and get up close like it's going in a magazine, try to think like a non photographer, oh and make shure it's not in direct sun, light shade hides nice.

I'd hose it off ,park in the shade and shoot away, the dummies at penndot will think it just got out of a booth.

Gooood Luck2cents

I've sent pictures of my trucks still in black primer, and with a lift they looked nice and shiney after a hosing off, and moving.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Pa. is a pain in the azz, Ive tagged 8 trucks historic.And they have kicked them back a couple of times.They expect them to be perfect. Thats why I scuff and paint all the trucks I buy ,just in case I decide to tag them historic.Another trick is to take some pics of someone elses truck if your truck is not perfect.They dont know the difference.Good luck.

wsucougarx

Wow, Washington State is only interested in the year (has to be 30 years and older) and what you paid for it (gouge you for sale tax). They don't care about anything else. No pics, no inspections, seems they don't even care if it runs. They just want your money and boom you're good to go for the life of the truck. I paid $125 for my deuce and that is it:-D No annual renewals or tonnage.

tm america

ya go back to another teller .i'd touch up the bumper but probably wouldnt worry about the rest of the truck in case the new paint fades.dont tape it off..

Josh

since oregon is really lame with historic and antique plates, i going to end up getting truck plates for it and just fork over the 200ish bucks a year and call it good, dont have to worry about anything if i go that route

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks