• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pretty much done!

dcbrown

Finally got the .30 mounted and I'm about done. Still looking for a First Aid kit, and fire extinguisher. With my first military vehicle (any kind of vehicle) project behind me, I'm ready, I think, to start another one. I think I'll work on a WWII WC next time. I did want to thank everyone on this site. You've taught me a ton and offered amazing expertise and knowledge!

Attachments

Stalwart

I like the tire upgrade, makes it look like a whole different rig, more agressive. :beer:

CRAP, it makes me want one. :D

Last edited:

dcbrown

I'll post a few more shots tomorrow.

I'll shoot the bed, cab, etc. tomorrow. Nope, it's not an airsoft. It's a replica, non-firing gun that is correct in size and detail. I'll show a close-up tomorrow, but it came in a goofy gray color. I primed the gun body, then shot it with chrome spray. Over that, I sprayed the body OD. Then, I started brushing the high-points where where and scraping would occur. This took a little OD off those points, allowing the "metal" to show through. It really had a fantastic effect. My father-in-law, who spent time on .30s in Korea, was convinced it was real. Anyway, I'll post some close-ups tomorow.