• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Progress

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking incredible!!! What OD shade is that? Looks like the factory shade that nobody has ever seen due to Army repaints using 24087.

Jzallan

I had some Centari acrylic enamel mixed up years ago and I continued to use that. They stopped mixing that line of paint and I had to switch to Spies Hecker base/clear. I used a 20% matt clear. As for the actual color code, when I first started restoring the truck, I asked the paint rep for the shop I used to work for to find the olive drab code. He never told me what it was, but instead had some mixed up for me. The only code I had on the can was for a crane service company! Lol. I’m not 100% certain it’s even the correct color for that truck. Guess what!? It’s too late! I changed a few things on the truck anyways, so it’s just done the way I wanted it done. Mirrors are one of those changes. Took some off a newer one and made them work. It’s been such a fun project tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk