• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Time Once Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

Funny ya all mention sleeping arrangements - since the rally and finally today I get to move back into the house - its on the fold out bed - but its at least in the house once again.

Found a new name for the 109 - Zouts Dog House

zout

OK - I totally confused and I am way too cheap to by a manual - yes I (had) most of the TM's printed and in 3 ring binders.

I see a couple ways this 24v - dist is to be mounted
On top of this - the rotor rotation

Some say 5 o clock for #1 (distributor rotor position)
Other say 7 o clock for #1
Some say clockwise (distributor shaft rotation)
Others say counter clockwise

Can or would someone please enlighten me. The one TM I printed started my stump on fire tonight as there was bunch wrong with the parts layouts and material - it was a great blaze.

zout

Got the dual action fuel pump 1/2 rebuilt - need a press to get the diaphrams off the stems - I do not have one.

Got a rebuilt water pump wo/pulley as I have one already - need a press to get the pulley off - I do not have one. Heat and a pulley puller does not cut it-

Need to get a manual oil pressure gauge temp hooked up at the engine.
Need to get the batteries filled with acid and installed and my temp start harness hooked up.

Bought an M38A1 original ignition switch for GOLD prices - dang thing does not even come with the lever to switch the switch - guess I need to fork out a little more GOLD dust to get the lever now.

Mind is on the Camo Vet Day parade next weekend now[thumbzup]

zout

Estimated time of lighting a fire in this critter is about a week away. Finishing up some of the smaller things on the engine.:driver:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Estimated time of lighting a fire in this critter is about a week away. Finishing up some of the smaller things on the engine.:driver:
Hmmm...should we have a "fire in the hole" party and bring an M43?:beer:
We could watch you and the better half chase each other around the power line AO.:-D

zout

I need to finish the temp wire harness - get the two fuel pump diaphrams back that are getting new rubbers pressed on (I did not have a 5 ton press) and get the pulley swapped to the new water pump (no press) - then finish the rebuild on the fuel pump.

Water pump pulley gets done today. Be back in the garage tonight working on the wire harness.

Does not seem like it but next weekend is Thanksgiving - w o w. Deb is headed for her families faily reunion and I want part of it - so its hamburg helper for me for the holiday. MMMMM Hamburg helper and Jeep - does not get any better than that.

will keep you informed PB

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I need to finish the temp wire harness - get the two fuel pump diaphrams back that are getting new rubbers pressed on (I did not have a 5 ton press) and get the pulley swapped to the new water pump (no press) - then finish the rebuild on the fuel pump.

Water pump pulley gets done today. Be back in the garage tonight working on the wire harness.

Does not seem like it but next weekend is Thanksgiving - w o w. Deb is headed for her families faily reunion and I want part of it - so its hamburg helper for me for the holiday. MMMMM Hamburg helper and Jeep - does not get any better than that.

will keep you informed PB

So...you're coming to Columbus for Thankgiving...Outstanding!!:beer:

zout

finished hooking up fuel and the 24v to the flipper switch first off this morning after getting a nods up from DH for the fuel.

Deb just about crapped her pants when she rolled 1/2 turn and started barking - then it stopped.
The dual action fuel pump I rebuilt and the YS carb I rebuilt seemed to be having an issue. Pulled the supply off the carb and it was pressureized - meaning pump was working properly. Throttled up by hand and could see nor hear fuel entering the carb. Pulled the top and had Deb roll er over with ign off - nothing coming through float seat valve - took it apart and had her roll it over again - squirted better than I ever could [thumbzup].

Spring on seat was too strong holding the float shut at all times - once I chopped 1/8th in of spring off and put it back together with TOP still off the carb and manually raising the float and lowering it worked properly - squirting like a true champion. Put it back together.

TO this point I had a spray bottle with gas in it feeding the engine.

- Deb came uncorked when she fired right back up and I adjusted the idle - I do not have coolant lines attached or coolant in the engine so it did not get run very long.

As you can see timing was on and only needed a twitch to get er evened out and idle screw turned up a notch. Put the front end back on and will work on getting everything tidied up.

I gave PB a call and handed Deb the phone as there is no one else to share the excitement with - DH will not allow me to call him so he was left out of the excitement of hearing it back to life.

Appears to be all up hill from here fellas.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm glad you finally got of your arse and made some progress on the Jeep, for Deb!

Sorry I blocked your number, my CC company said it was associated with CC fraud...

zout

Yup - seems I just accumulate gobs of stuff that needs done and just chomp on it all at once - I was really getting bored - I started working on the yard I was so bored.

See DH - PB accepts the collect calls - just gotta know who your friends are :cool:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, I didn't block your number. I forwarded my calls, to PB's number!

He didn't have a clue!:wink:

zout

Changed out the fan blade today and got the two heater hose fittings plugged. Will be putting on the radiator hoses tomorrow night.

Got the parking brake installed and adjusted.
Got the fuel tank line ran to the fuel pump and mounted in.

I still need to locate and purchase the top to the air cleaner as shown in this pic (stolen from another site for reference only) and the clamp and intake air horn.

Got all the flooring sections cleaned up and installed and clutch adjusted.

If I happen to drive it outta the garage I am not telling any of you cause you will squeel to Deb on me and my arse cannot take any more impacts from her at this time.

Working on funds to get the full and complete wire harness ordered from Vintage Wiring of Maine - they are not cheap.
:popcorn:

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks