• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pyro Just Came In, Need Help Turning Fuel Up...

monkeyfist

Pyro just came in. I have searched and found info on turning the juice up on these engines but my pump looks diffrent from any that I have seen pictures of. Its a whistler engine. If anyone has any info on this it would be greatly appreciated. I will post some pictures of the pump later.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your pump might not have an FDC. Just remove the four bolts that hold down the cover where the FDC would be and you will see the main fuel adjustment. It should look like a bridge with a jum nut on one side then bridge then jam nut. Same thing loosen jam nut inner nut clockwise what you want then tighten outer jam nut. Pic is of FDC.

Attachments

Last edited:

blackrock

Your pump might not have an FDC. Just remove the four bolts that hold down the cover where the FDC would be and you will see the main fuel adjustment. It should look like a bridge with a jum nut on one side then bridge then jam nut. Same thing loosen jam nut inner nut clockwise what you want then tighten outer jam nut. Pic is of FDC.
how far out are your threads in that pic? i know each truck is different just wondering. thanks kyle

Barrman

The exposed threads with two nuts on it is what he is talking about down near the pump housing. Yours have this? It probablyis under a sheet metal cover that is safety wired on. That cover sure does rattle sometimes sitting in my glove box.

monkeyfist

Thats what mine looks like. The ones I was able to find didnt have that FDC thing on top of the cover. Didnt know if that would affect adjustment. Gonna go pull it all apart in an hour or so and get the pyro on. Thanks Floridianson!!:beer:

monkeyfist

The exposed threads with two nuts on it is what he is talking about down near the pump housing. Yours have this? It probablyis under a sheet metal cover that is safety wired on. That cover sure does rattle sometimes sitting in my glove box.
Mine looks just like the one he had in the picture. So Im guessing its the same stuff going on under that cover no matter it has the FDC or not?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No the one in the pic has FDC and the small tin cover is allready removed and the two jam nut can be seen in the pic faceing forward. If you do not have a FDC then there will be a cover where the whole FDC is and by removing cover you would see bridge and main fuel control.

Red line twin nuts main fuel adjustment on pump with FDC and tin cover removed.

Attachments

Last edited:

phil2968

The name of my rock band............

TIN COVERS......Ha Ha Ha.... insert funny smiley here.
Hope you get it figured out. Hows the pyro coming? Thought there would be more questions about that! Install the pyro then play with the fuel! That's the way we almost always do it.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You'll get a pretty good power increase. Almost like a completely different truck. DO NOT do this without a pyro though. You can melt the engine down pretty easy if you don't watch your EGT.

Tlauden

Ok so reading here let me see if I got this right

To turn up fuel---> remove safety cover ---> loosen outside nut ---> turn inside nut CLOCKWISE ---> retighten outside nut ---> replace cover if you want to

and never do the above steps without monitoring your EGT's, etc, etc

I also sorta remember reading somewhere only turn the fuel up 1 flat ( 1/6 ) turn at a time, is that pretty sound advice??

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok so reading here let me see if I got this right

To turn up fuel---> remove safety cover ---> loosen outside nut ---> turn inside nut CLOCKWISE ---> retighten outside nut ---> replace cover if you want to

and never do the above steps without monitoring your EGT's, etc, etc

I also sorta remember reading somewhere only turn the fuel up 1 flat ( 1/6 ) turn at a time, is that pretty sound advice??
You got it. [thumbzup]
Just make sure you don't let the rod turn. IMO one flat is a little conservative. I don't recall how much I turned mine but it was a pretty good bit (at least a whole turn). I just turned it some, drove it a while, monitored EGT, and went from there. Seems every truck is different and I think mine was in a de-tuned state when I got it so it took a pretty good bit of adjustment to get the max.