• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radiac Mounts used for C-2298

IroncladGA

I got tired of the C-2298s slinging around on the ends of the 4723s, didn't find great places to mount them in the HMMWV without making access to the radio and other accessories pretty difficult. I found some radiac mounts for sale, and I must say, these are ideal for mounting C-2298s. Perfect width, but a little bit taller than the C-2298. I use the extra space for mounting speakers like LS-685s, hanging flashlights, or clipping handheld radios like PRT-4s.

Using radiac mounts as C-2298 mounts may not be technically correct, but I found that it looks good and is handy. Further, it is ergonomically more functional than the system I had before where they more or less were zip-tied to the radio deck.

I have attached a couple of wider angle pics. I should probably take some closer pics, but hope this helps anyone that is having the same dilemma.

The first picture shows the radiac mount for the passenger/commander seat. You may be able to notice the flashlight clipped to the top. The other picture, from the driver side perspective, shows the driver radiac mount with flashlight clipped to top, and shows the back of the passenger radiac mount.radiac mount 2.jpgradiac mount 1.jpg