• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radio installation in m113 question

Steamynachos

Hi guys when the rt-524 is mounted and there is a am-2060 tray with a prc-77 next to it in a M113 is it called something ( vrc-46 or vrc-12) or something similar. Is there an installation manual to show how it is hooked up? I know the rt-524 is hooked up to the intercom but is the am-2060 tray also hooked up so you can listen to either radio when mounted? I have the TM-11-5820-401-20-1 and it doesn't show this type of installation. would the -2 for traced vehicles show this Ive looked everywhere for the -2 and cant find it anywhere.

wsucougarx

This what you looking for? Check ebay! Search under "VRC-12" and you'll see her. To answer you question, it does show how to hook it all up. Includes the cable CX #'s etc. I just picked up a copy just to have;-) I was just in your neck of the woods a couple weeks ago. Drove from Lake Louise to Medicine Hat. Didn't stop in Calgary..too big of a city for me;-)

Attachments

Last edited:

ke6rwj

creating havoc one broken bolt at a time...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
essentially the two radios are both connected to the intercom, one as the A radio and the other as the C radio (B is rx only, for like R442).. the AM-2060 uses the same mount as the RT524, and has the same connections via the mount... although its only ~2 watts out, whatever the PRC in it can do..

we used to intermix these all the time, although you wont *really* find a VRC designation for the two mixed, i dont think..